'I'm a Rangers man': James Tavernier tells Mark Warburton he's STAYING

JAMES TAVERNIER last night insisted he has no plans to quit Rangers — which will be a huge relief to Mark Warburton.

Big-spending Turkish side Trabzonspor have been open in their admiration for the right-back, who curled in a stunning free-kick for the Light Blues on Friday against Kilmarnock.

But Tavernier is adamant he has unfinished at business at Ibrox under boss Warbs, so will settle for watching supporters of both clubs squabble on social media.

He said: “I first heard about the Trabzonspor link from my mum. She’d seen it, then I obviously looked into it.

“The club haven’t heard anything and I haven’t heard anything but I keep getting messages on Twitter from their fans telling me to go there.

“I’m a Rangers man and there’s nothing to it at all.

“I’ve had load of Trabzonspor fans on about it, and Rangers fans arguing back saying ‘he’s going nowhere’. It’s been fun to watch.

“It’s weird because nothing has materialised from it all. Every tweet or picture I post on Instagram, their fans say ‘come here’.

“I posted one picture online and the first comment was one of our supporters saying ‘no Trabzonspor fans comment on this page’.

“I’m happy where I am. I’ve just signed an extension and I’m delighted to have done that. I’m in a happy place and settled.”

When he signed on at Ibrox, 24-year-old Tavernier made reference to the fact he was looking for stability — having had 10 previous clubs between permanent contracts and loan stints.

He reckons a settled life off the park has had a big part to play in his success on it.

He added: “I’ve only been here for a year and I’ve loved that year.

“We are in the Premiership now and it’s another step in the right direction.

“I know there are European places up for grabs and that’s where you want to be — playing against top players from the top leagues around the world.

“You can do that here. There’s definitely unfinished business.

“I’ve been around different clubs and I want to be settled. The club and the gaffer have given me that foundation.

“They’ve been great to me and I want to be great for them.

“I’d come to the point when I’d moved my family around different with loans and it got a bit tiring.

“It got harder with kids growing up. It’s just great now. They’re at school and we’re settled.”

Rangers’ next league run-out is the eagerly-anticipated trip to Celtic Park, which will grip the attention of the nation — and plenty further afield.

Tavernier admits to being caught up in the excitement.

He said: “We had a little experience that we weren’t expecting last year and it was a great atmosphere.

“You had half of the stadium full of Celtic fans and the other half from Rangers.

“We enjoyed it that day, we came out on top in penalties and I’ve heard it’s meant to be really good going there, with the atmosphere and the fans in on top of you.

“It’s one that you should really be looking forward to.”

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/rangers/7229428/Im-a-Rangers-man-James-Tavernier-tells-Mark-Warburton-hes-STAYING.html

He was our standout at Kilmarnock and if he keeps that up somewhere along the line there is going to be an offer we can't refuse which wont even include horses heads in anybody's bed.

I would be more than disappointed if he went anytime soon unless it were funny money in excess of 10 million since he is contracted for another 3 years and there should be no rush to to cash in while we're trying to build a team.

Is this "journalism"? They make up a story that he's leaving, then make a counter-story that he's staying? There is no story there. He was never leaving in the first place,

They have filled the paper with it for almost a week and probably sold extra papers with it,It is not about quality these days it is about numbers and hits.

Tav has been our best performer so far this season bar none.

Still a threat going forward but much more solid at the back too. The one player who has made the step up and looked completely at home.