Hear no evil, See no Evil Speak no evil.

See no evil, Hear no evil, Speak no evil.

Thinking back to my youth I remember watching films from Alfred Hitchcock . At that time these films were classed as suspense filled horror movies. In today's market they would be classed as light entertainment. I remember when the Scary bits came like the shower scene in Psycho. The murderer approaching the shower curtain, the screams of the girl, the plunging knife and the watery blood running down the drain. At that bit I was watching the film through my fingers. It was kind of wanting to look at what was happening but not really wanting to see. I am sure all who have seen the film remember the scene.

Watching Scottish football these days remembers me of watching a Hitchcock movie. The difference is that it is not me who has my fingers covering my eyes it is Police Scotland, the SFA and the Scottish press\media. The Hibs v Rangers Scottish cup final saw thousands of Hibs fans enter the field of play and physically assault Rangers staff and players. Police Scotland,the SFA and the media seemingly had their fingers in front of their eyes watching but seeing nothing. Their ears seemed to be fine though as the the singing of “The Billy Boys “ had been noted and was deemed a bigger offence than assaulting people in their place of work. The people at the SFA must be fantastic gardeners . When they cover their eyes they always seem to have green fingers. Going by Rod Petrie's refusal to condemn the Hibs supporters, acknowledge the assaults and maybe even offer a little apology to Rangers Football club the 3 wise Monkeys was probably a better Metaphor. See no evil, Hear no evil, Speak no evil.

When it comes to Celtic Football club though it is certainly the 3 wise monkeys that spring to mind,

Before the Celtic v Rangers game on Saturday Chief Superintendent Brian McInulty the Match commander asked for all supporters to be on their best behaviour. Today he informed us that the fans had heeded his advice and applauded their behaviour with there only being one arrest. Surely Chief Superintendent McInulty witnessed two sex dolls hanging from the Jock Stein stand or he was at least informed of an incident that could have caused a riot.

Due to the problems at Hampden in May the police were out in force and were extremely visible all over the stadium. They took up strategic positions including the Rangers and Celtic stands and also the track-side. How could it be then that they missed a huge banner with “Know your place Hun Scum”written on it. An even bigger banner with “This is it bhoys this is war”. And a bigger, bigger banner covering 5 sections of the stand stating “They hung out the flag of war” taken from an Irish rebel song If that wasn't enough for the police to take action then surely an effigy of a Rangers supporter and one of an orange man blindfolded, with their hands tied behind their back being executed by hanging, surely this was enough for them to spring into action.

There are photographs of policemen looking in the direction of the banners and the effigies but it would seem they had their hands before their eyes so as they would see no evil or at least they were only looking through their fingers watching but not wanting to see. Our bobbies are very dexterous these days as it seems they had their hands over their eyes, ears and mouth at the same time, as they also appear to have missed the sound of sectarian singing from the Green Brigade including IRA songs and Dirty Orange B*****d fell on deaf ears and a silent tongues. Mr McInulty stated that no action had been taken as nobody complained. Surely when there are more than 100 police officers witnessing a sectarian crime they can act without a complainant. They certainly do when they hear the Billy Boys. If Chief Superintendent McInulty views this as good behaviour and people enjoying the atmosphere then Scotland is in a worse shape than I thought.

Over at the news desk of Scotland's best selling newspaper, the Daily Record, they had a photo of smashed up toilets on-line just minutes after the game, telling how Rangers vandals had smashed up one of the toilets after their teams defeat. At that time there was not one mention of effigies of Rangers supporters being executed. It was in fact hours later they broke the effigy story after it had gone viral on the social media. Even then their story was covered by many tweets about how good Celtic supporters were condemning the act to cover and gloss over the shameful sectarian behaviour.

Now I know that there are umpteen Photographers at a football game and the Record will surely have had them there as well but it is funny to me that a picture of the toilets at the Rangers end of the ground appeared on their website long before the execution effigies, given that probably all photographers would have been track-side and within a snapshot of the hanging ritual. I don't suppose they were trying to hide behind the 3 wise monkeys until the story became too big would they?

I guess we are all now waiting for the board of Celtic football club to make a statement condemning the supporters who carried out this disgraceful act of sectarianism. And possibly apologise to the Rangers supporters for witnessing it on a day set to highlight and combat suicides and just a few days after the suicide of Kris Boyd's brothers suicide. I sense we will see the third wise monkey with his hand over his mouth on that one.

They will of course be doing everything in their power in helping Police Scotland to track down the culprits. I won't hold my breath on that either as both will probably do an imitation of an Ostrich and bury their heads in the sand as seems to be the way with the Scottish Government, Police Scotland and all things Celtic.

Let's not play this down. This has now gone past tribal noising up of a football team. The Scottish government, Police Scotland, the SFA and last but not least Celtic football club have to stop turning a blind eye to these morons before someone gets really hurt. With Celtic supporters obsession of terrorist organisations and with the IRA in particular it is not difficult to imagine that someone will go to the next step and carry out such an execution. Alfred Hitchcocks shower scene from Psycho may just be played out in a real life drama.

Don.t forget Nacho Novo has already been told by police that there could be plans to kill him.

Great peice Pete!. You should put it on a thread of its own. Superb.

Thanks mate I thought of doing that but it would virtually mean we have 2 threads with the same topic.

Did it.

Edited by pete

I do wonder about Chief Superintendent Brian McNulty who was, I believe, Match Commander on Saturday?

He's either not very good at his job or deliberately turned a blind eye to the goings-on in & around the Girodome on Saturday. Did he tell officers to take no action over those banners ?? If so why ?? Did he not think they could potentially cause serious disorder ??

Also can someone tell me how those banners, hanging dolls etc got into the stadium ? Not exactly something you can conceal easily passing thro' a turnstile I'd have thought.

I know little about Club1872 & who's involved but surely one of the things they should be asking Plod Scotland is why the choose to police Ibrox difrently from the Girodome. Would they be happy if our support had similar banners for the next fixture at Ibrox ??

I do wonder about Chief Superintendent Brian McNulty who was, I believe, Match Commander on Saturday?

He's either not very good at his job or deliberately turned a blind eye to the goings-on in & around the Girodome on Saturday. Did he tell officers to take no action over those banners ?? If so why ?? Did he not think they could potentially cause serious disorder ??

Also can someone tell me how those banners, hanging dolls etc got into the stadium ? Not exactly something you can conceal easily passing thro' a turnstile I'd have thought.

I know little about Club1872 & who's involved but surely one of the things they should be asking Plod Scotland is why the choose to police Ibrox difrently from the Girodome. Would they be happy if our support had similar banners for the next fixture at Ibrox ??

I would imagine by his response that he turned a blind eye possibly taking the easy way out. sending policemen in to take action would also carry a certain amount of danger. I also think the police and Celtic FC are a little afraid of the Green Brigade. It would be frightening to think that the communication line within the police was so bad that the match commander didn't know what was going on.

Rangers don't really have a real bonded hard (really hard) core anymore and I think that is also a reason we are picked on. A bit like the wee boy with freckles and glasses on. The police know they can take action with us without much danger of a mob escalation. The hardcore of the Green Brigade is another story.(As far as I know.)

Edited by pete

There is always a decision from a commanding officer which action will cause the most trouble, moving in to arrest people or nowadays it is to film them and get them during or after the game. I have no idea how the long the effigies were hanging but I would guess his choice would be to order the stewards to deal with it and what should have happened is that the police were already sorting out who did it working in the background so as they could arrest them at some time during the game or at the end when leaving the ground. The problem is he was congratulating everyone for good behaviour when there were obvious criminal acts going on around him. Police Scotland have certainly done themselves no favours in the last few high profile games. The keystone cops comes to mind