In Defense Of Joey Barton

I don't believe that any manager would banish a player for 6 days for what Barton's claiming, just a spat with a fellow player. I do believe that Barton is out of order going on Twitter and then live on radio. Get rid as soon as possible IMO, there is more grief to come from this guy if he stays.

You don't get sent home and told to stay away for nothing.

Why Barton is being held up as being right is a mystery to me.

Nobody is saying he never done anything or he was sent home for nothing. He has had a 5 day ban and misses at least 1 game. Nobody knows what was said it is all Maybe's and could have been's. Maybe Warburton lost the plot as well. Many have already hung a quartered him without knowing any facts. He is getting the blame for all our point losses while there have been far worse on the field than him. it is not his fault the forwards miss sitters. It is not his fault Kiernen can't defend. How many times after a Billy Bungler moment has it been that it was Burton that was back-tracking.

Let's just hope that things are sorted out on Monday and we go on to play the way we know we can.

Nobody is saying he never done anything or he was sent home for nothing. He has had a 5 day ban and misses at least 1 game. Nobody knows what was said it is all Maybe's and could have been's. Maybe Warburton lost the plot as well. Many have already hung a quartered him without knowing any facts. He is getting the blame for all our point losses while there have been far worse on the field than him. it is not his fault the forwards miss sitters. It is not his fault Kiernen can't defend. How many times after a Billy Bungler moment has it been that it was Burton that was back-tracking.

Let's just hope that things are sorted out on Monday and we go on to play the way we know we can.

If Warburton has lost the plot we are f----d.

He is not getting the blame for anything, he has been told to stay away by the Manager.

Firstly I will get the working his ticket and selling his book out of the way. What a load of Tosh. Why would he work his ticket? He cannot play until the transfer window opens again

Because chances are he will hardly play until the transfer window opens again, even if he stays, the way things are going. He is a massive ego. He would rather 'work his ticket' and blame others, then have his ego dented by sitting on the bench, in a league he thought he would 'cruise'. His ego is already hugely dented and he doesn't like it, even if its of his own making.

You can't get 'working his ticket' "out of the way" as a "load of tosh" (I'm not talking about the book) because you are no wiser than any of the rest of us in your knowledge of the matter. I'm willing (and happy) to be proved totally wrong but my opinion is that I'm not, in the same way that your opinion is that you are right.

Going on national radio and saying that Warburton's disciplinary decision is a "strange way to handle it", when he only had to wait 3 days with his gob shut before speaking to the manager, doesn't seem like the actions of a man whose sole ambition is to stay and fight for the cause. More like the actions of a man whose ego is winning the battle over any sound rationale.

Because chances are he will hardly play until the transfer window opens again, even if he stays, the way things are going. He is a massive ego. He would rather 'work his ticket' and blame others, then have his ego dented by sitting on the bench, in a league he thought he would 'cruise'. His ego is already hugely dented and he doesn't like it, even if its of his own making.

You can't get 'working his ticket' "out of the way" as a "load of tosh" (I'm not talking about the book) because you are no wiser than any of the rest of us in your knowledge of the matter. I'm willing (and happy) to be proved totally wrong but my opinion is that I'm not, in the same way that your opinion is that you are right.

Going on national radio and saying that Warburton's disciplinary decision is a "strange way to handle it", when he only had to wait 3 days with his gob shut before speaking to the manager, doesn't seem like the actions of a man whose sole ambition is to stay and fight for the cause. More like the actions of a man whose ego is winning the battle over any sound rationale.

Maybe if the club had made a statement clearing the matter up he may not have found it necessary to go on the radio. I agree that, that may not have been a great decision. As for working his ticket. The world loves a great conspiracy story.

Maybe if the club had made a statement clearing the matter up he may not have found it necessary to go on the radio. I agree that, that may not have been a great decision. As for working his ticket. The world loves a great conspiracy story.

Why would the club make a statement for an internal disciplinary matter? To feed the wolves that are the Scottish media? Not the Rangers way - never has been.

"As for working his ticket. The world loves a great conspiracy story". Wouldn't be the first time in football with an inflated ego - certainly wouldn't be the last either. You nor I know whether it is or isn't, and I wouldn't pretend to have the more knowledgeable high ground because we both know as much as each other at this juncture.

Why would the club make a statement for an internal disciplinary matter? To feed the wolves that are the Scottish media? Not the Rangers way - never has been.

"As for working his ticket. The world loves a great conspiracy story". Wouldn't be the first time in football with an inflated ego - certainly wouldn't be the last either. You nor I know whether it is or isn't, and I wouldn't pretend to have the more knowledgeable high ground because we both know as much as each other at this juncture.

High ground? I am giving him the benefit of the doubt until I know the facts. You are actually blaming him for it. Without any facts you have him guilty already. Remember innocent until proven guilty.