Watch as Rangers fans appear to throw seats at Aberdeen fans

It's impossible to say exactly where that came from and anyone suggesting otherwise at this time should be open to litigation. To me what's more interesting and is indisputable is that they're so stupid they post the video and portray it as Rangers fans being hateful then if you look at the actual youtube page it's on it's littered with the racist/sectarian hun label.

Does it matter much if there was willful vandalism ? Vandalism that will be charged back to the club.... and yet we have fans that complain about lack of investment in the playing squad..... and some who will more than likely be involved in costing the club money from such vandalism.

What is wrong with people these days that they cant go to a football game to just watch the footy ?

I wouldn't be so hasty attaching blame.

One of our guys sat on his seat just prior to kick off and it collapsed on him, it was clearly previously damaged. Sent the details to Rangers in case Aberdeen try and make them pay for it.

2rxh01s.jpg

Has anyone checked stadium plan to see if there were any yellow coloured seats in area allocated to Rangers fans?

Well if you look at the photo just above this one with a Rangers fan in it he clearly has a red seat and presuming they are all in the same area there are no yellow seats anywhere near red seats.

seatingplan

A quick google search shows 2 sections with yellow seats.

The section on the other side of the fence in the video where the Rangers fans are have yellow seats while the other side are all red.

The second section is nearer the opposite goal so looks like it came from the away section.

As above image posted by FS.

Edited by onevision

The all red area looks like it tallies with the "Celtic games" part of the stadium plan above in which I assume Rangers fans were also seated - you can see the second fence. There are yellow seats in the home end also, which are one column away, compared with two columns away at the away end.

I have no idea which side it came from but that photo is completely inconclusive. Occam's Razor leans towards Aberdeen fans as the distance involved from the yellow area is far more realistic - ie a they would have to throw it half a column compared to two and a half from the Rangers end. Of course the seat wasn't necessarily thrown from where it was originally installed.

However, the more I look at it and think about it as objectively as possible, the more plausible scenario (but not beyond a lot of doubt) - solely based on this evidence would be the seat thrown by an Aberdeen supporter.

But I'm willing to accept that it could still easily have been a Rangers fan - although he'd have to take the seat walk over through quite a lot of fans in the red seats to throw it unless it was from the access at the top where the stewards would be... or maybe it was passed along or something.

An Aberdeen fan could have far more easily done it without moving anywhere - and misjudged his strength.

As said, that is with the assumption that Rangers fans were in the red "Celtic" area - if not, then the plausibility is reversed.

If it didn't come over the fence it couldn't have been thrown by Rangers fans as the Record states.

I thought that you were saying that it just never got high enough to make it over the fence - not that you were questioning what side it was thrown from.

My bad, apologies bud.

I wouldn't be so hasty attaching blame.

One of our guys sat on his seat just prior to kick off and it collapsed on him, it was clearly previously damaged. Sent the details to Rangers in case Aberdeen try and make them pay for it.

2rxh01s.jpg

Fair enough FS. I cant view the video from my office so was going by the narrative in the report - I really should know better by now than to trust the Scottish media to actually get facts before publishing - shame on me !!