Mark Warburton facing SFA charge over furious rant at referee

Mark Warburton issued with notice of complaint

Wednesday, 28 September 2016

Alleged Party in Breach: Mark Warburton (Manager, Rangers FC)

Match: Aberdeen v Rangers (SPFL Premiership) – Sunday, 25th September 2016

Disciplinary Rule allegedly breached:

Disciplinary Rule 203: In that immediately following the conclusion of the above match you did commit misconduct in that you entered the field of play and repeatedly used offensive, abusing and insulting language towards match officials.

Fixed suspension offered: Yes – one match

Principal hearing date: Thursday, 13th October 2016

Mr Warburton has until Monday, 3rd October to respond to the complaint.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2566&newsCategoryID=1&newsID=16526

Refs here don't do embarrassment JFK, I get the impression when they make a baws up, it's just "oh well, these things happen" or they may even sit with a beer and laugh over it? Especially when it happens to us!. In the space of two weeks it has been highlighted on sky that the mhanks got away with a blatant sending off and we have a man booked, a foul given and lose a goal in the dying minutes because of "ahem" human error??

Celtic got away with ONE blatant sending off in 2 weeks ? You must be kidding coop - they got away with TWO inside the space of 3 or 4 days - Sviatchenko, from what I hear, should have been sent off, and then Gordon deserved to go for playing the Karate Kid.

That said, they keep banging on about how Forrester should have walked twice this season...

What if the club asks for Tav's card to be upgraded to a red then we can appeal it.

Seriously though, when a ref makes a blunder and owns up surely he can request the yellow to be rescinded ,no? or will opinions still differ so much that it would be to difficult to apply evenly?

The problem would be that the ref would get accused of bias because he rescinded one yellow and not another.

A yellow does accumulate into suspension whereas a red is immediate suspension - a yellow "shouldn't" have as great an impact on player or team so I can see why they don't appeal yellows.

More interesting: has Curran been called before the CO for his assault on HIll? Have we appealed the Tav yellow card by now?

I guess we will see.... I have emailed the SFA... Whilst I don't like players being banned the reality is that Curran assaulted Hill, yet we have been the victims of having players suspended for such things in the past - and the lack of balance irks me.

Sirs,

Can you confirm whether the Compliance Officer will be investigating the quite blatant elbow on Rangers defender Clint Hill by Ross County striker Ross Curran. It was abundantly clear that this was an intentional elbow as Curran quite clearly wasn’t using his elbow for leverage.

I am just curious as to what basis the Compliance Officer takes on such cases ? The team I support, Rangers for transparency, have seen players in the past such as Sone Aluko being banned for “simulation” yet here we have an instance of a blatant elbow and, to the best of my knowledge, no action has been taken by the Compliance Officer.

How can the SFA, in all earnest, expect Scottish football fans to consider the Compliance Officer as being balanced, unbiased and even-handed when blatant physicality is not met with an investigation whilst diving is acted upon promptly. The SFA should, if anything, take a more grim view of physicality than simulation given it can seriously injure a player.

I look forward to your response.

Regards

Celtic got away with ONE blatant sending off in 2 weeks ? You must be kidding coop - they got away with TWO inside the space of 3 or 4 days - Sviatchenko, from what I hear, should have been sent off, and then Gordon deserved to go for playing the Karate Kid.

That said, they keep banging on about how Forrester should have walked twice this season...

"It has been highlighted on sky" didn't say they were the only ones mate lol. Maybe they highlighted more and I wasn't watching?? Even my old mum knows what that mob get away with!!

I'm reading via the newsnow link that sellik fans are "reacting furiously" at the SFA's double standards where "Warburton s offered a one match ban while Lennon got a 6 match ban."

http://www.footballinsider247.com/celtic-fans-react-twitter-mark-warburton-ban-recall-neil-lennons-suspension/?

Why do these foools continue to rewrite history ? Lennon got offered a 2 match ban but choose to fight his case. He lost and got a 6 match ban later reduced to 4 on appeal. Also conveniently forgotten are the other two reports where he escaped with no punishment at all. The afrementioned also says nothing about events leading up to the referees going out on strike.