Michael O'Halloran

Why did we sign this player?

He's had no serious game time since he joined. I had very high hopes for him when we got him giving his direct style.

This season so far after 15 games played:

Started 4 subbed in 2.

Came on as a sub in 6.

4 games sitting on the bench as an unused sub.

Hasn't scored yet but has 5 assists in games so far (only McKay has more assists).

Involved in the squad in all matches up until Friday night.

I really rated him, he's the type of player who can trouble the opposition especially when teams are putting two players on McKay.

Where has it all went wrong for MOH?

Can't score without an assist, sometimes a mistake by someone results in a goal of course.

O'Halloran plays out wide, but so did Scott, Henderson, Cousin etc. and they scored a few. It would certainly help his case.

p.s. I like him too.

Havent seen much of him TBH but when McKay is off form it would be good to see him given a run. I know he is more so a right sided player but Ive always liked wingers who can play both sides, its maybe something he could do.

At least we have decent depth at the moment.

Assists are great, but goals are better. That is the club's greatest need at the moment.

Strange without Assists you can't get goals. I remember Willie Pettegrew. He scored a barrow load for Motherwell. Then he moved on to Dundee Utd and his tally diminished. With Motherwell there was a guy called Bobby Graham that was assisting him that helped him get such a high tally.

When O'Halloran arrived he provided something totally different to the other forwards. I thought that was good as it gave us more options and could make us less predictable. I seem to recall that the manager said words to the effect that his game would change to fit in with the team. I would be happy to see him in the team, playing his natural game, ahead of Miller or Waghorn.

O'Halloran plays out wide, but so did Scott, Henderson, Cousin etc. and they scored a few. It would certainly help his case.

p.s. I like him too.

at this moment in time our wide players aren't scoring anyway so he isn't doing anything different from the others in that respect