Rangers are heading for another derby day demolition...

Do you ever get the feeling that Rossiter may always be picking up injuries? I think he had been out for months at Liverpool before he came to us and has now spent the bulk of his time with us injured. Not a good sign in one so young.

On 16 October 2015, it was reported that Rossiter had contracted a hamstring injury while on international duty. Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp later confirmed that he was not expected back in action until mid-November. Rossiter returned from injury in December featuring in a Europa League match against Sion, however his hamstring was aggravated again during the match leading to another extended period on the sidelines.

Yeah, it's in The Sun and sounds like a bad knee injury.

A bit of a blow as he was looking a lot sharper recently and was going to be a useful option this season. Time for Forrester and Windass to step up!

As someone sai last week, the manager will probably play a front line of Waghorn, Miller and McKay again ... even though both Waghorn and McKay have been off form in recent weeks. And they will be probably first to admit that.

IMHO ... Rossiter won't be thrown into a Scum game after weeks out. Maybe we will go 3-5-1 for this game, as the Yahoos ran over our midfield at the Scumhut and we should keep tabs on Dembele and Sinclair. Up front we should play Garner, since he is a pest and will sure draw the odd foul around the area. He needs to keep his head though. Dodoo is a left (sic!) winger and should play either there or through the middle. That left slot should be taken up by Forrester, since he has a few more tricks up his sleeve than McKay and can (and does) shoot with either foot. I wouldn't play McKay through the middle either, as - right now - he'd probably be food and drink for Brown and their defence. I'd keep Dodoo and O'Halloran for the latter stages, as their agility and pace might cause them problems.

Foderingham / Hill

Hodson - Hill - Wilson

Tavernier - Holt - Halliday - Forrester - Wallace

Garner

For all the theory though and after seeing that "on paper", I don't see us lining up like that. It will be 4-3-3 no doubt, with the only real starting change in defence will be pending on which CH is fit. It will be Holt, Halliday and Kranjcar in midfield, and Waghorn, Miller and McKay up front. Unless either of these are ill too ...

You'd need a good reason for leaving Miller out given his record in OF games.

You'd need a good reason for leaving Miller out given his record in OF games.

Matter of fact, when whipping up the line-up I was thinking about aggressive type of players (and totally forgot about Miller, but don't tell anyone). Now that you say it, I'd still pick Garner in there as he is not as much roving about as Miller and more likely to draw a foul where it will hurt them. Would have no problem if Miller starts though.

Still like the idea of Hodson being in there with either Tav moving further up the park or being out and Waghorn or O'Halloran taking up that right WINGback/midfield slot.

Still, I can clearly envisage gnashing my teeth tomorrow afternoon, as we will probably start with the same line up that we fielded vs Thistle and ICT, bar Kranjcar, it seems.

Edited by der Berliner

Matter of fact, when whipping up the line-up I was thinking about aggressive type of players (and totally forgot about Miller, but don't tell anyone). Now that you say it, I'd still pick Garner in there as he is not as much roving about as Miller and more likely to draw a foul where it will hurt them. Would have no problem if Miller starts though.

Still like the idea of Hodson being in there with either Tav moving further up the park or being out and Waghorn or O'Halloran taking up that right WINGback/midfield slot.

Still, I can clearly envisage gnashing my teeth tomorrow afternoon, as we will probably start with the same line up that we fielded vs Thistle and ICT, bar Kranjcar, it seems.

As I posted in another thread, I'd start with both Miller and Gardner. Don't know what it is about that Gardner lad but something tells me he has something. I also have a lot of trust in Warburton, and it has been many a year since we've forked out 1.6m on a player.

As I posted in another thread, I'd start with both Miller and Gardner. Don't know what it is about that Gardner lad but something tells me he has something. I also have a lot of trust in Warburton, and it has been many a year since we've forked out 1.6m on a player.

When you say Gardner do you mean Ally McCoist.:lol: I don't think he is registered maybe Garner could fill in for him.;)