Rangers are heading for another derby day demolition...

... it seems he did not train yesterday, at least he wasn't in the pictures. Maybe it grew arms and legs from there. We'll have to wait and see. I take it Holt will relish his chance, perhaps we throw McKay into the No. 10 role and push Forrester or Dodoo out on the left?!

If Kranjcar is injured it is ready made for Windass to play. I thought he was our best player against them at Parkhead.

The last result flattered Celtic . Until they got the 3rd goal it was anybodies game. When they got it we capitulated.

And the game against a Man City who have hit a sticky patch and who have registered a defeat and a draw in their last two league matches and that game is why Keith Jackson aka Rodgers fanboy is getting all bent out of shape about last night. He seriously thoght that on the basis of a draw at home while conceding 3 goals they had become Euro giants.

Watch this video which is from the day after the Man City game where you will see Jackson drooling over it while deciding that beating Gladbach was now a gimme to see why he's so miffed. And keep in mind too that this is the same guy who after the Scottish cup semi said "there is no gap" between Rangers and Celtic yet a few months down the line after bringing in what? Two or three players they're suddenly 'miles ahead'?

In the video he just can't stop grinning. I'm guessing this grin has been wiped off his face now. The title of the video? 'Celtic v Manchester City was one of the best Champions League games ever – watch our top team hail clash" http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/celtic-v-manchester-city-one-8939347

The last result flattered Celtic . Until they got the 3rd goal it was anybodies game. When they got it we capitulated.

And just a couple of minutes prior to their 3rd goal McKay fizzed a shot just wide of the post.

We played poorly that day but had that shot gone in and made it 2-2 it could have been a completely different game.

And just a couple of minutes prior to their 3rd goal McKay fizzed a shot just wide of the post.

We played poorly that day but had that shot gone in and made it 2-2 it could have been a completely different game.

Fine margins, the withdrawal of Kiernan to be replaced by Forrester then just 3 minutes later the other CB being red carded finished us. At that point it was actually 3-1 but we were gaining momentum until Senderos did his thing. As you say on the day we just didn't turn up then going down to 10 men with no CB's ended any possible turnaround.

That wont be happening again though if Garner plays you sometimes get the feeling he is always a red card waiting to happen.

I think folk are kidding themselves about that last game. We had about 2 ventures into their box and were soundly beaten.

Correct,we need every player to play to their best if we are to get a result. I think we all agree we are still very much a work in progress with still a lot to do before we can be serious contenders,but despite the fact we have yet to hit our best form I believe when we do we are a match for anyone, if we could just put in a good performance for the 90 minutes and get a win it could well be a catalyst for the rest of the season!.

I think folk are kidding themselves about that last game. We had about 2 ventures into their box and were soundly beaten.

I don't think anyone is suggesting we're a great outfit at this stage what they're saying is that they aren't so great either and certainly nowhere near as good as they like to think they are. Last night was simply an example of that. We can take them if we play to our capabilities. They went to Caley and came away with a draw conceding two goals in the process. We went there and came away with a win and a clean sheet.

Aside from anything else we're due nay overdue a bit of just average luck.

Edited by JFK-1

I don't think anyone is suggesting we're a great outfit at this stage what they're saying is that they aren't so great either and certainly nowhere near as good as they like to think they are. Last night was simply an example of that. We can take them if we play to our capabilities. They went to Caley and came away with a draw conceding two goals in the process. We went there and came away with a win and a clean sheet.

Aside from anything else we're due nay overdue a bit of just average luck.

Tell that to killie.

Tell that to killie.

... Ross County rode their luck too.

Anyway, folk over on FF suggest:

Kranjcar's out injured. Knee injury and could be out a while.

Rossiter out as well picked up a fresh hamstring injury.

Will be verified one way or another sooner or later.

What we need is everyone be at his very best, essentially much like last season's Cup SF. IMHO, despite their overall dominance, the Kiernan folly that handed them the third goal right in our best spell, his injury later on adn Senderos getting send off, opened the flood gates. We had no CHs on show and their strikers were on song. Will that happen again? Who knows.

For once I would hope that the gaffer tells his attacking players to keep their positions, not least those expected to be in and near the area. Else - while be confusing to the opposition - we may end up like we did against Thistle, with people all over the place but not there where it counted ... despite the win.