Time to right a few wrongs - Rangers v Celtic

Windass a 7? Were you on the Swedish Glögg as well? :D (I googled that by the way and like it:D)

They'll start selling it here in a month. Be prepared for some amount of pish then.

Windass and Halliday are a cut above the rest of the players IMO, based on nothing other than what I've seen this season.

Just to put football forums in perspective, Windass has been given a 2 and a 7 just on this thread.

I think we could be almost guaranteed a full house for a return to Europe and I fully expect they would charge at least £40 a ticket given they're willing to charge more than that for an OF game. I'm not assuming a group stage qualification i'm hoping for it and suspecting the chance of it would encourage more investment in the squad than if there were no Euro football on offer.

We're never going to win this league without it while they keep raking it in. It's absolutely essential to catch up with them.

Not a chance we'd sell out a Europa League Qualifier at £40 a ticket and I believe the Board would have the wit to realise that.

Game would probably be against a relative minnow, be televised and in all probability be played first week of July perhaps even earlier.

They'll start selling it here in a month. Be prepared for some amount of pish then.

Windass and Halliday are a cut above the rest of the players IMO, based on nothing other than what I've seen this season.

Just to put football forums in perspective, Windass has been given a 2 and a 7 just on this thread.

Just like a sanatorium you have doctors and patients.:D

Methinks there was a quiet rumour over on FF explaining that there was a gentleman's agreement between both clubs that either club will charge more for OF home games as advance compensation for damages caused by the respective away support. In "return", neither club would call in damage claims from the other club. Hence we usually hear next to nothing about this, or haven't for years, despite there was damage caused in either club's ground. That only changed after the last game at the Scumhut, when they needed something to deflect from their supporters antics about hanging dolls et al ... and the compliant mhedia was consequently all over it and nigh any article covering the off-field stuff were mentioning the vandalism to their toiletts aside their sectarian "banter".

Of course the photos were a case of get your retaliation in first, Celtic's PR whilst not having the mythical status that some believe is at least organised and primed for damage limitation. Where was our PR ? It's rumoured Traynor was on holiday, Kerr had a day off and Carol Paton was left holding the fort a recipe for a shambles if ever there was one.

Our Board really need to get a grip in regards to PR as Level5 deliver f*&k all but the odd photo shoot for selling tickets, rising stars etc.

Been saying for years the Board should go on hands and knees to David Burnside and beg him to help or at the very least get him in to set up a suitable structure and oversee it.

Penny pinching on PR is costing us dear and continues to damage us consistently.

For me only Tav, Holt and the keepers get anywhere near pass marks this season. Windass has potential, but he's a long long way from being at the standard we need. He was lost today. Lost the ball constantly. Fair play he's not match sharp and MW shouldn't have started him.

Halliday is a 7/10. He's one of us. He gets it. But I don't think we'll challenge with him in the middle of the park. I am not saying he's a bad player but he's not half the player Fergie was in that position. He was bullied today start to finish

Never thought I'd see Warburton put out a team that was too negative but that was simply damage limitation today,there was simply no belief that we could have won that today.

Playing Hodson (who I thought had an excellent game) and Tavernier to negate the threat of Sinclair and Tierney certainly worked but also neutered the attacking threat of Tavernier.

Our passing was simply atrocious all game long. Midfield sat too far back and offered no assistance to the forwards, most of the game we seemed to be playing 4 1 4 1, They pressed us high up the park and stopped us playing it out from the back while we sat back and left Miller to chase shadows when they were playing it out the back.

Thought Kiernan had one of his better games in a Rangers shirt but once again one of his all too common lapses in concentration cost us dear but Wallace was at greater fault than him for their goal.

Windass is a talent with real potential but today he was woeful hardly found a blue shirt though he most certainly wasn't alone in that respect.

Still don't think we're as bad as results seem to indicate (I know, I know!) but our wastefulness in-front of goal this season is simply lamentable and has to be addressed as a matter of urgency.

I'd be inclined to try O'Halloran through the middle but only if we play the ball in front of him, in the little game time he's had we stick him on the the wing and tend to play the ball to him when he's facing his own goal the result of which more often than not results in him hitting it back first time to whoever passed it to him.

Another noticeable aspect today was how we seemed to take an eternity to take throw ins for a team that likes to take quick free kicks and quick short corners to try and keep the tempo up that is quite bizarre, Wallace was by far the worst culprit in that respect today.

Can't get the fact that MacKay is the new whipping boy round my head, yes his standards have slipped but he's still the only player we have that could do something out of the ordinary in order to change a game.

Edited by forlanssister

I think people need a better sense of where we are compared to celtc.

Celtc have a manager that very nearly won the epl. A squad of internationals. 30 million to spend on wages a year.

We've barely came out a period where our board were running the club for their own personal gain.

It's going to be a long road back. We might as well hold hands on the journey.

Don't disagree but that makes it all the more important we make better signings than we made in the summer.

We brought in 11 players who haven't improved us at all IMO. We parcularly needed to improve at CB & up front where we needed a more physical presence than Miller. We achieved neither.

Don't disagree but that makes it all the more important we make better signings than we made in the summer.

We brought in 11 players who haven't improved us at all IMO. We parcularly needed to improve at CB & up front where we needed a more physical presence than Miller. We achieved neither.

To do that you need money Rab , and we simply don't have any , free transfers and cheap imports will be our future until we get all the off field shit sorted , and God only knows how long that will take

Never thought I'd see Warburton put out a team that was too negative but that was simply damage limitation today,there was simply no belief that we could have won that today.

Playing Hodson (who I thought had an excellent game) and Tavernier to negate the threat of Sinclair and Tierney certainly worked but also neutered the attacking threat of Tavernier.

Our passing was simply atrocious all game long. Midfield sat too far back and offered no assistance to the forwards, most of the game we seemed to be playing 4 1 4 1, They pressed us high up the park and stopped us playing it out from the back while we sat back and left Miller to chase shadows when they were playing it out the back.

Thought Kiernan had one of his better games in a Rangers shirt but once again one of his all too common lapses in concentration cost us dear but Wallace was at greater fault than him for their goal.

Windass is a talent with real potential but today he was woeful hardly found a blue shirt though he most certainly wasn't alone in that respect.

Still don't think we're as bad as results seem to indicate (I know, I know!) but our wastefulness in-front of goal this season is simply lamentable and has to be addressed as a matter of urgency.

I'd be inclined to try O'Halloran through the middle but only if we play the ball in front of him, in the little game time he's had we stick him on the the wing and tend to play the ball to him when he's facing his own goal the result of which more often than not results in him hitting it back first time to whoever passed it to him.

Another noticeable aspect today was how we seemed to take an eternity to take throw ins for a team that likes to take quick free kicks and quick short corners to try and keep the tempo up that is quite bizarre, Wallace was by far the worst culprit in that respect today.

Can't get the fact that MacKay is the new whipping boy round my head, yes his standards have slipped but he's still the only player we have that could do something out of the ordinary in order to change a game.

This is absolutely bang on.

Also I cant believe I am going to say this but after the start to the season agree with Sutton that we are miles behind them. They were better on the ball, better are pressing, created far more chances and also seemed to simply want it more than we did. Whilst I would never want another 5-1 defeat from that lot I would rather lose 5-1 playing good football than lose 1-0 barely getting a sniff. granted in the first game we didn't play well and lost 5-1 but you know what I mean.

After last season I said that the players Warburton brought in were excellent... this year though is the total opposite. I mean ok Hodson played well when I have seen him Gilks too but there hasn't been one player brought in that took us up a level. Windass shows promise to be that player but yesterday he looked like a dear caught in the headlights too much.

The squad is quite big now but would be interested to know what you guys thought about Jan signings? Say we had the cash to make one big signing what position would you go for? For me it has to be a centre forward. Simply not enough goals and the defence seems to be getting better.

To do that you need money Rab , and we simply don't have any , free transfers and cheap imports will be our future until we get all the off field shit sorted , and God only knows how long that will take

Apart from Sinclair going by what is reported they never spent a fortune on players. Wages is a different story but look at Dembele (free transfer) Toure (Free transfer) both players you can safely say would have improved our squad.