Mike Ashley starts legal battle over Rangers name, trademarks, crests and badges

Thanks for attempting to address some of my points FS alas some of your answers are just more questions and others are "who knows" and perhaps,s.

anyway seems the resolution always appears to be around some corner or other.

but to get back on point, are you saying the people who formulated the JV deal, who you and I both know were not working in the best interests of the company they were representing at that time - are going to be found guilty and the contract can then be terminated - given that other criminal charges were dropped how long will the civil case drag on and then how long could SD appeals and counter cases take?

oh BTW had a look at the Rangers Megastore online today - what a load of tat, cheap transfer printed generic fodder - hope none of the boycotters think they are martyrs cos they are denying themselves very little of worth.

Rangers FC are still a 51% shareholder of Rangers retail, are they not???

It's just that RR don't have any OFFICIAL product to produce.

From something I read in the past - a certain amount of SD held shares are worth twice as much in voting value to the ones held by Rangers. The effect is that SD hold the power within Rangers Retail.

Thanks for attempting to address some of my points FS alas some of your answers are just more questions and others are "who knows" and perhaps,s.

but to get back on point, are you saying the people who formulated the JV deal, who you and I both know were not working in the best interests of the company they were representing at that time - are going to be found guilty and the contract can then be terminated - given that other criminal charges were dropped how long will the civil case drag on and then how long could SD appeals and counter cases take?

oh BTW had a look at the Rangers Megastore online today - what a load of tat, cheap transfer printed generic fodder - hope none of the boycotters think they are martyrs cos they are denying themselves very little of worth.

I wouldn't put money on all the criminal cases being over after Whytes mate. I think there will be more to come.

I wouldn't put money on all the criminal cases being over after Whytes mate. I think there will be more to come.

desperately hope you are right Boabie but why were all the charges dropped on everyone bar Whyte? I believe some quite critical errors were made by the authorities when collecting the evidence.

From something I read in the past - a certain amount of SD held shares are worth twice as much in voting value to the ones held by Rangers. The effect is that SD hold the power within Rangers Retail.

That is totally correct and that is why Rangers have cancelled the right of Rangers Retail from using the trademarks.

desperately hope you are right Boabie but why were all the charges dropped on everyone bar Whyte? I believe some quite critical errors were made by the authorities when collecting the evidence.

The cases have been "deserted temporarily". They can be brought up again in the future. Possibly depending on what the guy facing a trial soon says in court ?

I was just questioning some of your suppositions feel free to answer it may even as someone said to me the other day "stimulate the debate".

With AGM's being a mandatory annual event and non pre-emptive rights automatically expire at the AGM following the one in which they were granted I guess they always will be around some corner or other.

I'm not saying anyone will be found guilty of anything.

May as well ask how long is a piece of string or how long does it take a parcel from Belfast to reach Fraserburgh?

I've always taken the view it's up to each individual to buy or not to buy don't you?

May as well ask how long is a piece of string or how long does it take a parcel from Belfast to reach Fraserburgh?

I had a parcel delivered to me from Belfast just last week, it took 8 weeks and 1 day to make the journey

unfortunately it was empty

" Controversial Rangers shareholder Mike Ashley caught up in spying row as MPs claim Sports Direct planted bug.

THE MPs say they discovered a recording device as they visited Ashley's Derbyshire HQ, planted by a "kind" lady who had brought them sandwiches.

A GROUP of MPs claim to have found a recording device while holding private discussions during an unannounced visit to Sports Direct's controversial warehouse in Derbyshire.

Members of the Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee travelled to Shirebrook for an on-the-spot inspection this afternoon and were taken on a three-hour tour of the premises.

After the visit, the six MPs headed for a private room to discuss their impressions when they said a recording device was found.

Anna Turley, MP for Redcar, said: "At the end of the meeting, we sat down to have a private conversation in a room by ourselves.

"A lady came in with some sandwiches, which was very kind. I saw her take too long to do it, she put it down and I saw her put a recording device on the floor.

"She left the room and I went over to pick up the device and there it was – a camera and a recording device for the conversation that we were having privately.

"I'm very disappointed."

A spokesman for Sports Direct declined to comment.

Iain Wright, chair of the committee, spoke to Sports Direct chief Mike Ashley on the phone after the MPs left the warehouse. " .................... MORE.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/controversial-rangers-shareholder-mike-ashley-9216083?