Kris Boyd: SFA sent Rangers down...

GRAEME Souness has backed Gordon Strachan to continue in his role as Scotland coach despite their miserable start to the World Cup qualifying campaign.

Strachan is expected to have talks about his future next week after Friday's 3-0 defeat to England left the Scots in fifth place in Group F with little chance of reaching the finals.

But Souness insisted Strachan is doing the best he can with a poor group of players - and questioned whether anybody else is better-equipped to do the job.

Souness told BBC Radio Five Live's Sportsweek: "So far this year the results have not been great, but you've got to believe that results will get better.

"Will they qualify out of this group? No they won't, but right now Scotland are in a cycle where they don't have a great deal to pick from.

"The question of whether he (Strachan) should stay or go is not important. Is there someone out there who could make us better? I don't believe there is. I think he is getting the most from a very modest group."

Souness played in three World Cups for his country and admits it is painful to see them consistently fail to mount a challenge to return to the major finals.

But despite a significant backlash in Scotland, Souness said the performance at Wembley - in which Scotland threatened to equalise when trailing 1-0 - needed to be put into perspective.

He added: "They were not humiliated, they were beaten by a better team with better players than them, and that's generally what happens.

"Making mistakes and not being able to score goals at the other end is a dangerous combination, but right now that is what Scotland have, and what Gordon has to work with."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gordon-strachan-not-problem-scotland-9251417

Le guen has done nothing in football. His replacement at rangers was hugely successful.

He signed diddys and played them.

He couldn't gate players on side.

He to blame.

Rangers were playing good football until Ferguson came back from injury. The biggest diddy's he played was Ferguson and Boyd that was his downfall.

Rangers were playing good football until Ferguson came back from injury. The biggest diddy's he played was Ferguson and Boyd that was his downfall.

You know someone has their "I hate X player" specs on when they consider either Kris Boyd or Barry Ferguson a bigger diddy than Sebo.

Nonsense pete. Your hate of Ferguson is clouding your judgement on this one. Sebo was a bigger diddy than either of the two you mentioned.

You know someone has their "I hate X player" specs on when they consider either Kris Boyd or Barry Ferguson a bigger diddy than Sebo.

Nonsense pete. Your hate of Ferguson is clouding your judgement on this one. Sebo was a bigger diddy than either of the two you mentioned.

Sebo at least tried his arse off for the team. Ferguson just tried to make an arse of the team. Technically a far worse player yes, definitely. One central cog not giving a fuck makes him a bigger diddy in my eyes.

I really don't think so, Pete. You could start with the goalkeeper. Actually you don't have to go further. Ferguson was the opposite of the diddy in that team, he was streets ahead of most of the others and Boyd was Boyd - still a goalscorer. Even in that terrible season he netted 20 which was as many as the 2nd, 3rd and 4th highest scorers combined.

I really wanted Le Guen to be a success, I really wanted him to transform the club with new ideas. I'd have put up with a season or two of no trophies if I had seen we were building to that, but we weren't. I travelled up form England for games (not all, but as many as I could) and I remember the long journeys home. They were undertaken with a very heavy heart and the slow (because I clung on to hope beyond when I should have) realisation that it was all going nowhere and Le Guen was not what We'd all believed he would be. He's proved, repeatedly since, that he doesn't have it. I remember the attraction of his story and what we were told he'd do but it was an illusion. A hard one to let go off, I'll grant you - but it reads to me (no offence intended) that you just cannot accept that.

Edited by SteveC

One word letizi.

Oh and our results were awful.

He needed sacking.

Our results were terrible because of the rats on the park. If Le guen should have been sacked then the reason was not kicking Ferguson and Boyd out the door.