Rangers obsession

Ok in any normal thinking place I would agree.

But in terms of the stagnant backwater that is Scottish football / society it is a problem.

Your complicity in this instance Just keeps on reinforcing the perceived religious division which is all "our" fault of course.

Why give the haters ammunition? Seriously, especially on here, why?

A religious division isn't just a rumour it's a reality, playing it down or pretending it doesn't exist to any degree worth bothering about is no strategy at all. And as for the 'haters' you think such fanatics will be assuaged in any way by pretending this division doesn't exist or trying hard never to acknowledge it?

This cartoon is parody, like the Pakistani shopkeeper in still game. You think still game gives ammunition to 'haters' while reinforcing a 'perceived division'?

If anything given that this is an effectively meaningless parody cartoon I think you may be the one doing more harm than good giving the 'haters' ammunition by behaving exactly as they might alleging that this mild parody is a problem.

A religious division isn't just a rumour it's a reality, playing it down or pretending it doesn't exist to any degree worth bothering about is no strategy at all. And as for the 'haters' you think such fanatics will be assuaged in any way by pretending this division doesn't exist or trying hard never to acknowledge it?

This cartoon is parody, like the Pakistani shopkeeper in still game. You think still game gives ammunition to 'haters' while reinforcing a 'perceived division'?

If anything given that this is an effectively meaningless parody cartoon I think you may be the one doing more harm than good giving the 'haters' ammunition by behaving exactly as they might alleging that this mild parody is a problem.

Very true. I am reasonably young and can't remember the days of bias against Catholics and them getting passed over for jobs etc. (I'm not doubting that happened) but today it seems to be open game for the other way round. Even in Catholic schools, it is an 'open secret' that Catholic teachers are given higher grade jobs over non-Catholics because of their religion. There are a few well known establishments in Glasgow that have certain 'leanings'. So have we just to ignore the elephant in the room and ignore it?