The Fifth (formerly Semi-Annual) Official Gersnet Dinner

Thanks for organising both the dinner and the guest, BH - it should be another excellent evening at an affordable price which what these nights are all about.

I'll certainly be there and although I'll be driving I'm looking forward to catching up with old friends and meeting new ones.

:)

That should cut the bar takings in half but you can get a round in to help compensate. :cheers:

I agree it sounds unlikely but I verified the total from the statistics for Rangers for the individual seasons. Don't forget that in those days we played 6 sectional league cup games so perhaps that's where he bagged a few.

I remember him well. He looked so different from other players, awkward looking, and he was a graduate - this was considered astonishing at the time. I seem to remember him getting a lot of goals in one game and ridiculous headlines the next day (similar to once when we had to play Jardine up front and he scored a few (4?) ). Perhaps this was in a sectional game?

In my memory he always he tried his best and gave his all. Something that should be the norm, but as we all know is far from being so.

Those stats you post are very consistent, BH - pretty much 1 in 3 each season.

Edited by SteveC

I have now reconfirmed with the restaurant so I can confirm that The Fifth (formerly Semi-Annual) Official Gersnet Dinner will be held at La Fiorentina Ristorante, 2 Paisley Rd W, Glasgow G51 1LE, following our last home league match vs Hearts on Saturday the 13th May 2017, 2.30pm for 3.00pm.

There will be a 3-course Italian Menu.

I am pleased to say that I have been able to restrict the price to £17.50 per head.

It would be helpful if folk could pay in one lump sum; but if that causes anyone any difficulty I will be happy to accept a £10 deposit with the balance payable by Saturday 6th of May 2017.

For those who have attended in the past, the bank details remain the same. Newbies please PM me for details. All confirmed payments will be posted here.

Maximum seating is 36; first come first served.

BH, could you clear some space in your inbox. I'm unable to PM you as it's full.

Thanks.

BH, could you clear some space in your inbox. I'm unable to PM you as it's full.

Thanks.

Yes, that's noted, I got an email.

I'm assuming you're wanting the bank details, no worries, I'll PM you tomorrow, I don't have access to the details right now.

Yes, that's noted, I got an email.

I'm assuming you're wanting the bank details, no worries, I'll PM you tomorrow, I don't have access to the details right now.

Cheers mate. Looking forward to it. If there's space I may have a former footballer friend who'll fill it.