Responsibility

It's also easier to sack & replace the manager, than it is to sack 11 players & replace them....

As it stands, I don't think we are anywhere near the sacking stage, I just think a bit of perspective as to where the ACTUAL blame for poor performances is required. The performance of the players last night was shocking - they were even arguing amongst themselves on the pitch at one point - so I think ANY manager could have been on the touchline & still not got a better performance out of them.

The responsibility does however return to the Manager...it is now up to him to identify what went wrong & implement a suitable solution which sees a much improved performance for the next match.

Your right but managers always carry the can.

They probably should in fairness.

The pick the players and tactics. They coach them. They motivate them.

The manager is responsible in the end but he is perfectly entitled to expect more from these players and the fans are entitled to demand more from the players. The only way the fans can express that without being boo boys is to allow the manager time to sort them out. If he still fails then he goes.

With respect to coops points about the players being upset still at the cup final. If there are players not able to handle that after this period of time then they are not good enough. The team lacks leadership and quality. I wouldn't swap too many hearts or Aberdeen players into our squad but these teams play with s better spirit at the moment. They may be more comfortable in the type of football they are being asked to play. Si again we have a choice which is persevere and try and get this right (with additional quality in the squad) or give up the project and join the hammer throwers (and forget the future).

I'll wait till Saturday and whether we'll see a reaction from the players. We've had quite a few bad displays over the years and I for one won't go into hysteric mode just yet. If you keep in mind where we came from, what sort of quality we have and the amount of injuries and problems we had, plus the rather bad form right now, we have to expect a rough ride. It is obviously frustrating to see what happens on the park when you know what these players are capable of, but I will refrain from putting any game under the microscope. It is a marathon, and it will be a tough one.

Edited by der Berliner

So back to the question. I will say it again, it is the players fault to a degree, however none of them have looked the same since the events that unfolded and the political and footballing cover up that followed. The same could also be said of MW.

We were playing rubbish prior to the cup final too.

Imo , for last nights game the players were at fault.

At half time it was obvious that the players on the park were not doing it.

Who's fault for the remaining 45 minutes does it then become ?

I have not ever spoken one word in criticism of our coaching squad - seeing our manager standing at the side of the pitch shouting "come on" instead of just going on to boot somebodys baws just didn't sit too good with me.

I honestly don't know whether it was all down to a bad night for those on the park or another block on top of an earlier block pointing towards a Le Guen scenario.