excuse me.

but is there anything so wrong in a proffessional footballer attemting to sound professional by being positive?

england are still in the tourne, yes?

they won their group, yes?

their one of the favourites, yes?

so, why should he go around saying "oh, we might aswell come home now and have an early holiday because we`ve got no chance of winning this tourne because theres other teams who look better than us".

imo he`s being positive the way he should be.

So you don't think the rest of the Uefa Cup contenders would consider one of our players expecting his medal in May to be a bit arrogant?

The fans are allowed to expect, but the players have to be more responsible.

I like Owen a lot, but I disagree with what he's saying here and the sentiments he's trying to propagate.

What I mean is the Uefa Cup final is next May, right? Don't you think it would be presumptuous and arrogant of any of our players who were maybe unfortunately injured in the preceding time to go on record as expecting a medal from the final?

Doesn't that show a lack of respect to the other teams competing in the competition?

I believe it's ok for the fans to expect and to make such demands, but the players should be a little bit more careful about what they say.

What I mean is the Uefa Cup final is next May, right? Don't you think it would be presumptuous and arrogant of any of our players who were maybe unfortunately injured in the preceding time to go on record as expecting a medal from the final?

Doesn't that show a lack of respect to the other teams competing in the competition?

I believe it's ok for the fans to expect and to make such demands, but the players should be a little bit more careful about what they say.

Im going to have to do something i've never done before and agree with colshy. I think there is a fine line between confidence and arrogance.

Would we be so quick to judge if it were a Brazilian making these comments??

I think Owen is trying to put forward the belief he has in his team-mates and not that he thinks England have already won the coup de monde.

Although i do hope he's wrong though