SCOTT ALLAN is set to end his Rotherham hell by returning to Celtic.

AL BE OFF Celtic midfielder Scott Allan set to cut short miserable season-long loan at Rotherham

The ex-Hibs star has been deemed surplus to requirements by Millers interim boss Paul Warne

Scott Allan is set to cut short his miserable season-long loan with Rotherham

The former Hibs midfielder joined old boss Alan Stubbs at the Millers last summer on a season-long loan but has failed to make an impact.

Allan has made just nine appearances for the English Championship basement boys, with his last game coming in October.

And now interim boss Paul Warne has hinted the 25-year-old will join fellow loan flop Jake Forster-Caskey out the exit door this month.

He said: “They aren’t getting in the squad and I would expect something to happen.

“As is stands at the moment, they’re just not in my plans. If I bring in new signings, they’re going to be even less in my plans.”

Allan has been frozen out in recent seasons

It’s the latest setback for Allan since his shock move to Parkhead 18 months ago.

Allan had been courted by boyhood heroes Rangers after an impressive season at Easter Road but opted for a move to Old Firm rivals Celtic.

But he has found first-team chances limited and made just two starts under Ronny Deila before being shipped out on loan by Brendan Rodgers.

And it now looks likely the ex-Dundee United kid could be one of many fringe men offloaded either on loan or on a permanent basis this month.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

What do you think if Celtic released him. Would Warburton be interested in picking him up for nothing?

Would the Rangers support accept him after all we accepted Miller after his daunt to the darkside.