C****c receive £20m bid from West Ham for Moussa Dembele

Like it or not, these chaps over there have a knack of selling their price-assets to some semi-crazy EPL side for millions, whether these players have the quailty or are worth it or not.

The business chaps will check their accounts, will note about the lack of European footie beyond x-mas, a league that is deemed won, a high wage bill and some debts. They will decide if anyone will leave or not, while the p(h)apers will spin a yarn or two about how much this or that Hooped Horror is "worth". I wouldn't be surprised to see the odd player of their big squad leave soonish.

West Ham have not bid £20m for Dmbele. Perhaps someone could advise the Daily Rhebel.

The stories came from the 'Insider' column of West Ham's website which 'is not necessarily the views of West Ham United'. This column has now been ditched on the website after much criticism from supporters calling it 'unprofessional' amongst other things

No way would anyone pay £20m for a SPFL striker for scoring against Hamilton Accies, Inverness Caledion thistle etc, etc

Armstrong is a cracking player. Cant see how they would get 20 million but the epl is mental. You cant write the idea off completely.

It is mental but not that mental. The guy isn't even a Scotland international!

So how much will we get for McKay? Someone consult the Record for their expert estimate. Man I wish the Record were setting all prices for exports.

Apropos DB's post, we'll probably settle for 1.5-2m for McKay.

While Celtic will punt some overrated dross for 10m.

As a business, we've been a long way behind them for a long time.

Even when I was really young I remember Rangers discarding young players for free when we should have been getting fees and Celtic selling absolute dross for >£1m to English teams I.e. Craig Beattie. To be honest it must be admired how they could still get money for crap.