[FT] Hearts 4 - 1 Rangers (Hyndman 36)

I am going to be interested to see if MW does anything different tonight (tactically or personnel) to see if he has learned anything from the first half of the season's away games against the better sides.

The three good sides in the league, tims, dolly and hearts, all beat us first time around. As did the two best teams in the league last season - Hibs & Falkirk both beating us twice at their home - so MW's record on the road is simply awful when faced with any challenge.

P7 W0 D0 L7

Let that record sink in a bit.

I go to Tynecastle tonight more in hope than expectation as the evidence is all against us. Saturday's win at Fir Park was our 5th in 11 away league matches this season, with 3 draws to add to the 3 defeats I have already mentioned. We still have a -1 goal difference on the road this season!

What gives me some hope is that surely MW will change it up, added to the fact that Hearts have been honking since Cathro took over and the first game after bringing in new faces might be too soon for them to make an impact.

I'm not going to second guess the team for tonight, but there are really only a couple of places up for grabs once the chosen few are given their guaranteed starting slots. Wes, Rob, Hill, Wallace, Halliday, McKay, Miller will all start even if a few of these are nowhere near good enough or have been playing well enough to merit it. That leaves the Tav/Hodson full back slot, two rotating slots in midfield to sort out between the two new loanees, Forrester, Windass, Holt, and one striking role between Dodoo/Waghorn and anyone else i've forgotten about!

No matter the selection, we simpy must be up for the fight first and foremost, if we repeat the first 30 minutes from Fir Park we may be out of the game by then. We have shown we can dominate other teams for short periods in the game, and we must take our chances when they come along, which we have far too often failed to do (see choice of striker again - just saying like!).

There are few better feelings than coming out of Tynecastle, walking back under the railway bridges towards the buses with the bears in full voice after a great performance and victory - I for one hope to enjoy that very feeling again about 9.45 tonight!

We should be winning tonight - no excuses - and you're right to point out our poor away record in such games.

Tynecastle is a hard place to go at the best of times though and after a poor result at the weekend, they'll be out to prove a point (just like we were two months ago). It's also very difficult to guess what team and system Hearts will go for with so many new signings and a manager still uncertain of his preferred strategy.

No matter, it's well beyond time we went away from home and not only played well (as per the Aberdeen game at Pittodrie) but win with a couple of goals to spare.

The Hertz has brought in c.11 players, and dispensed with the services of 4 or 5. Hence Jethro Tull could field an almost entirely new team, and one which has

never played a competitive match. Even if he doesn't go for the full tandoori mix, it seems likely that his side will be, largely, strangers to each other.

Rangers, therefore, should be able to win, and win well, by controlling the game.

If fit, Hodson should start at R.B. and push Tavernier forward to replace O'Halloran.

We should be aiming to take the game to them with pace, allegedly Hughes is their only fit centre back available for tonight, but I'll take that with a pinch of salt. We simply cannot allow them to set the tone of the game and must dictate the match from the off . They brittle at the moment and we should be looking to hurt them badly!

Mmmmm. Telly just broke down in my room. i could watch it on another TVV but BT Sport makes me feel ill..........so maybe I should just go for RTV. Mind, you, thanks to der berliner, http://www.laola1.tv/de-at/livestream/2017-02-01-livestream-heart-of-midlothian-fc-rangers-fc-lde

is a possibility (legal) though the message just now is rather forbidding looking................

Edit: RTV it is

Edited by SteveC