[FT] Hearts 4 - 1 Rangers (Hyndman 36)

Craig if we can't be expected to compete with Celtic then how come the same financial ratios don't stop hearts and Aberdeen from competing with us?

Can't have it both ways.

I would have more respect for fans who back MW but admit they do so through faith or a gut feeling rather than trying to argue the point with zero facts.

MW's strengths lie as a department head not as a football manager. Would happily see him move upstairs and dictate our football direction

Craig if we can't be expected to compete with Celtic then how come the same financial ratios don't stop hearts and Aberdeen from competing with us?

Can't have it both ways.

I would have more respect for fans who back MW but admit they do so through faith or a gut feeling rather than trying to argue the point with zero facts.

MW's strengths lie as a department head not as a football manager. Would happily see him move upstairs and dictate our football direction

You know, I think you're right. Warburton definitely has something to offer, he just strikes me as more of a Director of Football than a head coach.

You know, I think you're right. Warburton definitely has something to offer, he just strikes me as more of a Director of Football than a head coach.
He would be a great asset in that position so long as he has learned the weaknesses to his philosophy and allows any new manager to go about fully adapting his plans

Can't have it both ways.

The disparity between us and Celtic is far greater than between us and Aberdeen/Hearts.

Like or loathe MW I think he makes a very pertinent point that those two other clubs have been operating at a higher level than our players have - most of our players were journeymen in the lower leagues in England - I think the vast majority of us (myself included) were fooled into thinking the SC semi proved that we could compete with them even with the players we had. The stark reality is that we only really competed with them in the SC semi was because their manager was horrendous.

Aberdeen and Hearts players have been in the trenches of the SPFL whereas our players haven't. Don't get me wrong, MW certainly carries responsibility as does Davie Weir because they have put a team on the park that isn't producing consistently enough - yet we ARE sitting in second place in the league, we have beaten both of the two teams you mention at Ibrox.

Zero facts ? Sitting in second place isn't a fact ? Beaten both those teams you mention at Ibrox isn't a fact ? Not exactly zero facts is it ?

No, I'm really not.

You only ever show up around here after a negative result and bring with you nothing but negativity. It is your prerogative but I'm more a glass half full kind of guy,

You got that right,its MY perogative and if you dont like it then tough.

Reading some of these posts, where do some of us think we'd be just now if McCoist hadn't quit?

Sitting second top ? Doubt it somehow.

I've said before I think expectation levels were too high at the start of the season amongst some of our support but that doesn't excuse some of the poor signings made in the summer. We cannot again sign so many players in one transfer window with so many failures.

Quite frankly if we finish top three for a EL spot then I think that's the best we can hope for this season. Maybe the SC too. But until we can move out four or five from the first team squad & bring in better quality (maybe even loanees)little is going to change at the moment