[FT] Hearts 4 - 1 Rangers (Hyndman 36)

Which of these millions of defeats were acceptable?

Take your time; it will clearly be a protracted exercise.

Not about being acceptable, but that it happens. To Rangers teams far far better than the current one. Hence, we should not place any defeat, as bad as yesterday's was, under the microscope and project any ill we have into that and start all out inquisition. Not least when anyone on here - since we are a more sane and down-to-earth bunch - knows where we are right now and what the team of the current quality can actually achieve.

We are 18 months into a rebuilding job that most common sense pundits believe will take at least 4 years , we have no money , no retail income and a very poor shirt sponsorship deal . We have at last count 2 possibly 3 court cases ongoing at the high courts in London , not including the criminal case ongoing up here , yet your throwing a huffy fit because we lost a game of football last

night .

Rangers fans love to quote Bill Struths famous speech , shame some amongst us can't show the same patience .

This. 100%.

We all profess to be the greatest fans in the world who adore our history.... and we often quote Mr Struth;'s famous words... yet we very rarely actually follow them.

We talk about how better managers than Warburton have been sacked over the same type results - but how many of those managers were given the same financial conditions ?

Fickle bunch we are - loyal ? Only if we are winning....

Sure,most Gers fans are impatient-------deal with it.

If Man U fans and their Board were as impatient as we are then Fergie would have been sacked 26 yrs ago - how did that work out for them ??

Let us be absolutely clear:

last night's performance was unacceptable, on every level, and irrespective of allegedly mitigating circumstances.

I said last night that if the rubes sang "You're not Rangers, anymore", I would find it difficult, if not impossible to disagree, as

such an abject capitulation as occurred is not, and never was, the Rangers' way.

I'd agree it never should have been but not "never was". I've seen it before. I saw us lose to Chesterfield and Stenhousemuir and get hammered by St Mirren at Ibrox a week after we demolished them in Paisley = these with multi-capped internationals in the team not giving a monkey's. I've seen the Barcelona ECWC goalscorers not try a leg and be booed for so doing and replying with either "so what" or two fingers. And they were great players, Bud and Stein, great players who abjectly capitulated in some games - glorious though they were in others.

Edited by SteveC

Sure,most Gers fans are impatient-------deal with it.

The thing that needs to be dealt with is that we are years behind Septic, probably many years, possibly a great many. I'm beginning to have serious doubts as to whether our fan base is going to be able to deal with that. Historically Ranges fans have not been known for their patience, I grant you, but the current situation is wildly out of step with anything in our history.

Has anybody ever heard the phrase 'take their time and space away from them' or 'make them part with the ball quickly'?

Ergo, is it possible that on the night, Hearts were the more eager team and hence deserved their victory? They rushed us, harried us and took away our will to win.

If there is anything to learn from that defeat it is 'get into them - and for 90 mins.' (and don't make dumb mistakes).

Tomorrow is another day !