How to beat Rangers:

press high with energy, they can't deal with it;

close down aggressively, and quickly, they can't deal with it;

use the tackle, they don't know what that is;

utilise pace against the defence, they can't deal with it;

make the most of the set piece, they can't deal with it;

for yourself, defend a high line, they struggle with this;

and,

lo and behold, they will lose the plot, the shape, the match.

Copyright: well, just about any fucker (and his, or indeed, her, uncle).

My thoughts from last night....

To try & cohesively sum up what happened is difficult. I honestly believe that the players have the ability to do very well, but they are really struggling to consistently show it.

Wes overall had a terrible game - too many very poor mistakes. He did however pull off a couple of excellent saves.

Tav was enthusiastic going forward, but poor defensively. Lots of energy, but no real product.

Kiernan & Hill were dire (& that's being kind)

Wallace again tried but was totally ineffective

Hyndman was keen and did well.

Halliday has obviously been training too much with Kiernan & Hill.

Toral was non existant, to the point I don't know if he did play well or not.

McKay & Waggy tried hard on the flanks, but with no real results.

Was Miller playing???

As a TEAM, there was no cohesion what so ever, marking & movement on the pitch was all over the place - Hearts players found themselves in acres of space constantly. The simple ability of a short pass to a team mate had disappeared completely.

So, how does a team go from putting in an excellent performance against Motherwell, to what they did last night. I think it comes down to Hearts tactics - they NEVER gave any of our players a second of time on the ball. as a result we were caught napping constantly. We wanted to control the pace of the game, but Hearts had other ideas - they pressed & pressed which caused our guys to panic & lose any composure.

MW constantly states pre-match that his only concern is how Rangers prepare & their tactics.....I think it's about time that he started looking at the other teams tactics & how they play against us. He MUST have known that Hearts would come out & press, press, press - that's exactly what they did in the last game @ Tynecastle.

MW & the backroom team need to have a serious discussion & analysis of what the fook is going on. DW, should be hanging his head in shame at our defence (I use the term VERY loosely).

I have felt that MW has made a tweak to his playing strategy compared to last season & it just isn't working. I think when in possession, the players need to be moving more, and support players need to me closer to the ball player - give them options for an easy pass. Short, sharp passing constantly up the park. I think they have tried to incorporate more long balls compared to last season, and it really hasn't worked. Having possession allows you to control the game, but without the ball yer screwed. Too many slack passes & too much reliance on winning the 2nd ball/knock downs.

Every single player should be pulling double sessions @ Auchenhowie until the consistency improves.

Every single player should be out on the training pitch practising, developing & honing their skills/abilities.

If the PLAYERS don't buck up their ideas, they will ultimately cost MW & DW their jobs....

The only thing that is going great to seriously change our fortunes is money and we don't have any , get used to it .

At Brentford he had a far bigger budget and got results , in fact their last 4 players transferred out for over £31 .5 million , if given the right resources he can do the job , if he's replaced who do they bring in , cause the money's the same

What will the excuse be if Aberdeen finish above us in the league? I agree we aren't spending the required funds, but he's had plenty cash to be miles ahead of everyone aside from Celtic.

Mark Warburtons answer to those asking about the Hyndman substitution.

The Rangers boss said: “He is 20 years old, hasn’t played many 90 minutes and on Saturday he played an outstanding 90 minutes. He is a young, precocious talent and Saturday took a lot out of him. “The pitch out there is so heavy. We’ve got a responsibility to his parent club. We have got to look after their asset.”

Read more at: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/mark-warburton-defends-emerson-hyndman-substitution-1-4355703

I would rather see us playing our own U20s, than have a Rangers Manager saying this.

Responsibility to the parent club? Start developing our own players then instead of everyone elses.

What will the excuse be if Aberdeen finish above us in the league? I agree we aren't spending the required funds, but he's had plenty cash to be miles ahead of everyone aside from Celtic.

I honestly don't think cash is the problem......we could have had Messi & Ronaldo playing last night & it wouldn't have made a difference.

I think its down to mentality, preparation & attitude. The players we have are MORE than capable to annihilating Hearts & virtually anyone else in the league - they have shown how well they can play....but they just don't do it consistently.

Responsibility to the parent club? Start developing our own players then instead of everyone elses.

That's what we are doing , the majority of our U20s team are 16 and 17 , the joys of years of Sinclairs mismanagement of the youths , it will be at least 2 years before anyone is ready to come through

There won't be an excuse , but Aberdeen have basically a settled SPFL side that has been through this for 3 years , we are 18 months into a complete rebuild , our main transfer targets haven't worked out for various reasons , money is the crux of this , we don't have any , you can keep glossing over this but it's a fact , we needed another keeper so we basically swapped one for the other , we can't afford to but another player just now .

We have just under £13 million in soft loans that is going to be repaid via equity whenever we have another share issue , I don't agree with this course , it should go towards the team , the directors will get their money back , now int the time , but I seem to be in a minority view on this .

There won't be an excuse , but Aberdeen have basically a settled SPFL side that has been through this for 3 years , we are 18 months into a complete rebuild , our main transfer targets haven't worked out for various reasons , money is the crux of this , we don't have any , you can keep glossing over this but it's a fact , we needed another keeper so we basically swapped one for the other , we can't afford to but another player just now .

We have just under £13 million in soft loans that is going to be repaid via equity whenever we have another share issue , I don't agree with this course , it should go towards the team , the directors will get their money back , now int the time , but I seem to be in a minority view on this .

Aberdeen are garbage and he's had plenty time and resources to be miles ahead of them. If they finish above us he needs to be immediately dismissed. Even if we finish above them, the only reason I'd consider keeping him is we'd probably go out and get someone even worse. Big Eck, McCoist, McCall....someone of that ilk i.e. completely useless.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

I have said time and time again on here that if we are pressed at the back causing long balls out from the keeper we do not function and that even I,who only ever took a primary school team, could nullify Warburtons tactics so how easy is it for full time managers.

It's MW inability to get the team out of their Groundhog days, same setup, same plan, same mistakes. We keep hearing '' We'll learn from that mistake, bad game, poor result.....'' but do we?

It doesn't look like it, we had a very poor game only a few weeks ago in the very same stadium, last night we committed the very same mistakes as last time, absolutely nothing learned. Again defensive lapses and the oppositions pace was our downfall, yet we have young players who have pace, we don't seem to step it up another notch when teams matched then overtake our pace.

It's becoming worry when you have a smart man like MW and DW, but who don't see the glaringly obvious.