[FT] Hearts 4 - 1 Rangers (Hyndman 36)

I Don't why people (not so much on here as there is more awareness) are saying Hearts are shite? They're not they can play good football, ok the tims made them look poor on Sunday, but they are under a new manager new players and you can see he's trying to achieve a level, other than kick and rush or out muscle teams. They are at the larva stage of pupation. they might hatch as a Butterfly or a Moth, i'll watch with interest here.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

Does he know how to resolve this ? I certainly hope so

Certain players have been making mistakes all season. What happened tonight was they didn't get away with it. Hearts first two goals were embarrassing

No I don't think he does

this Rangers side have been serving up garbage since the cup semi

the signing policy is woeful, injured teenage punts or over the hill duds - he's already talking about offering miller and hill MORE games.

the lowest goals to games ratio in our history

getting on for 2 goals a game away from home this season

can't win an away game against anyone in the top 5??

we pretty much have our aim of top 3/4 for EL Qualification for next season but keep playing like this and he'll be gone probably after the piggery.

Edited by jhunter

No I don't think he does

this Rangers side have been serving up garbage since the cup semi

the signing policy is woeful, injured teenage punts or over the hill duds - he's already talking about offering miller and hill MORE games.

the lowest goals to games ratio in our history

getting on for 2 goals a game away from home this season

can't win an away game against anyone in the top 5??

we pretty much have our aim of top 3/4 for EL Qualification for next season but keep playing like this and he'll be gone probably after the piggery.

At the start of the season we needed three top priority signings -a quality CB, a defensive MF player to replace Halliday in that role and a goal scorer with a proven record & a physical presence to play the system we play.

We got none of them

At the start of the season we needed three top priority signings -a quality CB, a defensive MF player to replace Halliday in that role and a goal scorer with a proven record & a physical presence to play the system we play.

We got none of them

i have no faith he can turn this round as he said at the very start we have one plan and we just have to keep trying to get it right

well here we are and the plan is total shit.

Have just logged on and not read any posts.

Tonight was a total embarrassment with few players escaping culpability,maybe Hyndman and Foderingham for his two saves second half.

Some time ago I said certain players did not seem to be capable of playing in this division and now after tonight with his decisions I include the manager to also lack the ability to perform in this division.

It's going to be a long few months till the season ends and I hope to be proved wrong in my comments.

Will still be there on Saturday.

We got none of them

Then we have the "where we are" excuse...tbh I didn't think for one minute we'd suffer heavy defeats like tonight or have such a poor goal difference after 20 odd games of the season and be SO far behind in 2nd place.

Neither did Celtic...they have over spent to win the Premiership this season, they paid top dollar to land Brenda, even Scott Brown thought he may as well come out of International retirement after a couple of months into the season.

No!

The writing is on the wall though that in the Premiership, teams and managers are better, know their homework and know how to play us. And they are better than what we played before, not least on their home patch. (Hearts caught us out and had little problem hitting us thereafter. We shall see whether they can keep that form up in the next few games.)

On top of that, we have quite a few players who seem to have off moments in the worst possible situations, be it Tavernier, Kiernan, or Halliday. Situations that costs us games. On the other hand, those who are responsible up front seem unable to find their form for months ... yet, the opposition whips up the odd Sunday afternoon shot like Walker's first to set them on the road. And like it or not, MW still picks people who simply are not up for it at this moment in time. Of all those that needed dropped, Holt was the last, yet he was removed first, while Tav and Halliday play on.

Today was the perfect opportunity to test the mettle of a three-man defence with Wallace and Hodson on the wings. Holt, Hyndman and Miller in the middle, McKay, Waghorn and Forrester up front. For ... IF the midfield gets over-run, you would have pace and technique to hit them on the counter, while the industry in midfield is still there. Since I was away all afternoon, I didn't have time to post that pre-match, but anyway. In the here and now, Plan A won't work at Pittodrie, Tynecastle or the Scumhut.

Only a couple of points DB - to me Tavernier was our best player if we discount Hyndman who got hooked.

I'm not into formations and never have been except from the 3-5-2 I played under.

Imo "plan A" will never work as long as we have a couple of third raters at the heart of our defence.

You can tell your midfield and attackers whatever you want, but if the two diddies protecting your goalie do something stupid then your whole theory disappears out the park.

Cathro sent a message on paper onto the park tonight - it said, " Hit the ball in the general direction of Halliday and Kiernan - they are bound to feck up. If they miss the ball Hill will give us a penalty "

Edited by boabie

Then we have the "where we are" excuse...tbh I didn't think for one minute we'd suffer heavy defeats like tonight or have such a poor goal difference after 20 odd games of the season and be SO far behind in 2nd place.

Neither did Celtic...they have over spent to win the Premiership this season, they paid top dollar to land Brenda, even Scott Brown thought he may as well come out of International retirement after a couple of months into the season.

Brenda is a fanny. His record proves that.

He'll gain the manks many millions when he moves on, simply because no other side in Scotland going on current form, will stop him winning however many titles he wants to win.

I think you always need to remember the absolute train wreck MW and DW inherited from McCoist 18 months ago but his signings last summer simply haven't been good enough.

That and their blind faith in the likes of Kenny Miller(just 6 league goals) is something that will cost him sooner or later unless he changes.

Whether we like it or not we were never winning the title this season but I genuinely believe our progress has stalled and questions need to be asked how we get it going again.

I'm still utterly shocked at tonight's result. I don't think any of us ever saw that coming but we can only hope we get top three and a EL spot and maybe hope for the best in the SC.

But without wholesale changes in the summer we will not challenge for the title next season.

Edited by RANGERRAB