[FT] Hearts 4 - 1 Rangers (Hyndman 36)

And we would all like it to be more but still there we are in second place. If we're bad what does that make those below us? And we have more scope to be better than they do.

You seem to be forgetting the fact there's only one half decent team in this league. Aberdeen just need to beat Partick and we're in third place, which is comical at this stage of the season.

We heard all the same stuff the last time they beat us on their patch then it subsided after we dominated them and the sheep at Ibrox. Again, we're still in second and still looking good for that crucial Euro spot. I would wager Hearts would rather be us than them even if we had just gubbed them 4-1

You seem to be forgetting the fact there's only one half decent team in this league. Aberdeen just need to beat Partick and we're in third place, which is comical at this stage of the season.

I'm not forgetting it but maybe you are? We need a Euro spot. If the rest are shite that's excellent. All the easier to get it. Why are you so concerned if you know the rest are shite? My concern is that Euro spot and i'm confident we will get it.

Agree Norriss we have the better players, but we are lost when a team comes at us with pace, we don't seem to be able to combat it, it's our way or we take the pet, teams don't play to our strengths they play to theirs, we don't ever seem to alter our play. Giving them their two goals on a plate doesn't help but we get forced into mistakes, back passing is a shambles every time big Ford get one of those short passes my heart is in my mouth. Big changes needed.

This game shows as we have seen in some other games that when teams press us hard we lose our fluency and shape and find it difficult to obtain control of the game. This was also not helped by the state of the pitch tonight. Another issue apparent from tonight is that when McKay is off the pace or, as tonight, tightly marked we lack creativity. We also did not see anything tonight from our forwards, with the nature of the game not suiting Kenny and Martyn Waghorn being so one footed he is easy to mark and does not have the skill to make an impact on the game.

Yet in some respects it is? Would we be having this discussion if they had won this single match? Results over the last couple of months or so have put us in second place and comfortably clear of Hearts. And regarding single results just a couple of weeks ago the the Hearts fans were calling for Cathros head and now he will be a hero after a 'single game'

They get one good result and they're manager is now a genius? It's the fickle nature of football and we have to take a longer term view.

The last game they beat us at Tynecastle in the League was the 30th of Nov. Since then we've had

2 H wins

1 A win

1 A draw

1 H draw

1 H loss

I'm not including tonights loass.... What were you saying about one single game?

Edited by Big Jaws