[FT] Hearts 4 - 1 Rangers (Hyndman 36)

I wish people would stop talking about us being 2nd as if it's something to be proud of. Particularly when the side behind us have a game in hand to go above us.

And we clearly are far worse than we were last season regardless of the opposition improving.

How are we clearly worse , were playing better teams , considering what we've went through 2nd is as good as it's going to get for the considerable future , how exactly do you expect to beat a team that spent more on 1 player than we spent on a squad , exactly , I would love to know .

How are we clearly worse , were playing better teams , considering what we've went through 2nd is as good as it's going to get for the considerable future , how exactly do you expect to beat a team that spent more on 1 player than we spent on a squad , exactly , I would love to know .

I would say that the team appears to be more inconsistent this season, but not worse.

I would say that the team appears to be more inconsistent this season, but not worse.

That's a completely different argument , and one which I believe is down to the summer transfers not working out , due to various reasons .

They were not exactly patient with moyes,should they have kept him on?

Try answering the question....

If anything you actually prove my point. They remained patient with Fergie all those years ago and ended up with their most successful manager EVER. They brought in Moyes to replace him, showed great impatience, replaced him with LVG, spent an enormous amount of money... and LVG ended up doing every bit as bad as Moyes.

Maybe they should have kept Moyes - he spent less than LVG and was no less successful.

What was your argument again ?

we've spent plenty to be COMPETING with the likes of hearts

fitness, organisation , will to win - where are they?

your excuses are the verbal equivalent of pissing down someone's trouser leg and telling them to wait for it to ferment into fine wine

Where are Hearts in the league and where are we ? Yep, thought so.

Yes, almost 2 seasons. How long does he need? A lot of clubs don't give managers that long. We're much worse than last season so I don't really get your logic.

And guaranteed you weren't arguing the same thing a year ago.

You can argue "2 seasons" all you like - the reality is that it has been less than one. Last season we won the league, beat the dominant team in Scotland in the Cup - therefore many, many of us were arguing that we were competitive with the players that won us the league last year - we didn't need to strengthen greatly..... so you can hardly call it 2 years, accurately.

I would contend that he should get at least another season - next season would be more indicative of where we are and, indeed, where he is as a manager.

Try answering the question....

If anything you actually prove my point. They remained patient with Fergie all those years ago and ended up with their most successful manager EVER. They brought in Moyes to replace him, showed great impatience, replaced him with LVG, spent an enormous amount of money... and LVG ended up doing every bit as bad as Moyes.

Maybe they should have kept Moyes - he spent less than LVG and was no less successful

What was your argument again ?

It wasnt an argument,it was a question,one you have not really answered.Maybe they should have kept moyes!

If maybe is your answer,then fair enough.

I'll say again - I'm well aware of our economic situation and fully accept that we don't have Laudrups and Albertzes. My point concerns effort and professionalism, not quality.

Take as a comparison, oh I don't know, Hearts? Similarly limited quality, but well-drilled, knew their job and did their best to carry it out. In other words, pretty much all you need to pick up three home points against this Rangers side.

Last time Celtic conceded 4 to a non-OF side they had a new manager within days.

Thankfully we aren't them

I wish people would stop talking about us being 2nd as if it's something to be proud of. Particularly when the side behind us have a game in hand to go above us.

And we clearly are far worse than we were last season regardless of the opposition improving.

Nonsense - you are trying to make a comparison between apples and oranges. You cant say we are worse than last season unless the comparison was from games against the same opposition. You and your superlatives don't work too well.... I'm not saying we aren't worse but "clearly" worse isn't backed up by any facts.

I think we are where we are - I think we are probably the same as we were last year which more than anything shows that the difference in standard between the 2 leagues is minimal and a good litmus test for combining the top two leagues and then combining the bottom two as well.