[FT] Hearts 4 - 1 Rangers (Hyndman 36)

Reading some of these posts, where do some of us think we'd be just now if McCoist hadn't quit?

Sitting second top ? Doubt it somehow.

I've said before I think expectation levels were too high at the start of the season amongst some of our support but that doesn't excuse some of the poor signings made in the summer. We cannot again sign so many players in one transfer window with so many failures.

Quite frankly if we finish top three for a EL spot then I think that's the best we can hope for this season. Maybe the SC too. But until we can move out four or five from the first team squad & bring in better quality (maybe even loanees)little is going to change at the moment

to be fair to the support re expectations the "going for 55" campaign did not exactly help.

I am over in Spain and when I went out for dinner on Wednesday we had just gone 1-1 but by the time I got back we were gubbed 4-1.

Watching the video it seems to me that #1 Kiernan is 2 yards off the cross, Foderingham is as much to blame for the second with a poor throw out as Halliday for allowing the ball to get away from him; #3 Hill is very easy beat (he is fine if he can anticipate a through ball but not when someone is running at him); and #4 is a terrible error by Foderingham.

Kiernan has improved under Hill's watchful eye but it's hard to disguise the fact that essentially he's an English League 2 player and I'm just wondering if the usually dependable Foderingham was unnerved by the new signing? It's hard to believe that Halliday would still be in the team if Kranjcar and Rossiter were not injured but surely Holt will come back in for Saturday. Toral and Hyndman need games and must start. It's time to play Senderos instead of Kiernan, though he might be best partnered by Wilson.

I didn't really see anything of our attackers in the brief highlights so it's hard to comment beyond saying that perhaps Forrester is due a start.

I'll be at Malaga v Espanyol which is a 1.00pm KO here and having dinner with Antonio Tapia (who was the Malaga coach before Pellegrini) who is commentating on the game for Radio Marca; maybe he can find us another Nacho Novo.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

MW should be given until at least the end of the season, from top to bottom he has changed the club without the finance of most other mangers before him.

He has my backing and lets hope the fans back him and the team today, booing/shouting abuse at the players or him is not going to help us in any way!

the players and manager could all do with a dressing down. Its about time someone explained that our position hasn't been earned so far but bought. They actually think they are having a good season. All notion of them playing well should be shut down immediately.

Bet today we see plenty of effort in the first 10-15 minutes. It will be one of the rare times we go out to play a game with the correct desire and determination in place, and it will all be down to the pressure from the fans. The mentality is for mediocrity at best, its watershed time now. Get with the fans mentality or move on to easier pastures. This team doesn't even look like they could set themselves targets that would be acceptable to fans, they should be ashamed of the performances, not swaggering round acting hard done too.

The money invested so far should retain 2nd with ease (10-15 points), anything below that is failure anything above success. Anyone who expects less has left the Rangers mentality in the 3rd division. We should be easily winning 6-8 games on a trot bar the obvious game.

I am over in Spain and when I went out for dinner on Wednesday we had just gone 1-1 but by the time I got back we were gubbed 4-1.

Watching the video it seems to me that #1 Kiernan is 2 yards off the cross, Foderingham is as much to blame for the second with a poor throw out as Halliday for allowing the ball to get away from him; #3 Hill is very easy beat (he is fine if he can anticipate a through ball but not when someone is running at him); and #4 is a terrible error by Foderingham.

Kiernan has improved under Hill's watchful eye but it's hard to disguise the fact that essentially he's an English League 2 player and I'm just wondering if the usually dependable Foderingham was unnerved by the new signing? It's hard to believe that Halliday would still be in the team if Kranjcar and Rossiter were not injured but surely Holt will come back in for Saturday. Toral and Hyndman need games and must start. It's time to play Senderos instead of Kiernan, though he might be best partnered by Wilson.

I didn't really see anything of our attackers in the brief highlights so it's hard to comment beyond saying that perhaps Forrester is due a start.

I'll be at Malaga v Espanyol which is a 1.00pm KO here and having dinner with Antonio Tapia (who was the Malaga coach before Pellegrini) who is commentating on the game for Radio Marca; maybe he can find us another Nacho Novo.

You do collect some airmiles, don't you? :party:

But we are going for 55,whenever that happens!

I am aware of that, but the positioning of the message at the beginning of this particular season, in our advertising, understandably led people to think it was meant for now.

I am aware of that, but the positioning of the message at the beginning of this particular season, in our advertising, understandably led people to think it was meant for now.

I know, I posted that from my phone and didn't post a smily:smokin:

I know, I posted that from my phone and didn't post a smily:smokin:

Cheers :) :) :)

I'll not be around this afternoon. It'll be odd not to be watching RTV and following the match thread. I thought I'd be safe booking something for a Saturday mid-afternoon........