Rangers hate mob driving defender Rob Kiernan out of Ibrox

Feel that this is totally out of order if anything Ta vernier should be getting the abuse as his lack of playing in his own position puts so many of his team mates under pressure on the field especially Kiernan..

Why should Tavernier get abuse if all he is doing is following his manager's instructions?

Why should Tavernier get abuse if all he is doing is following his manager's instructions?

I agree to an extent as, imo, there have been a few ocassions where he has just switched off completely and been caught ball watching. If you watch him in the box whenever the opposition team is on the attack on the opposite flank, he seems to be drawn to the penalty spot, rather than tracking his man. At the same time though, if there is so much post-match analysis being done, I would have thought this would have been picked up, pointed out and him trained on his defensive positioning.

As I said I do not condone the alleged abuse but Tavernier is to me one of the problems in the team,cannot defend,posted missing from right side berth too often among other things.Hard to believe MW instructs him to forsake his defensive duties to take corners on left hand side of field if so it is ludicrous.

Terribly sad news...I know a lot of Gers fans who aren't happy with Kiernan as a player for us and let it be known, but for anyone reverting to abusing him like that is shameful. If he leaves us for that reason then that can't be right.

A lot of fans think it is ok to abuse players!, I've never seen the sense in that!, what does it actually achieve?, certainly nothing positive!

One positive is a player who shows nothing but apathy towards the club will hopefully leave. Let's face it the manager isn't going to get rid of him

MW said we would remove energy sappers from the club.

Have never once see Keirnan leave the field having given his absolute all, not once.

Any player who pulls on a light blue jersey for us should get maximum encouragement and backing from the fans; abusing players on or off the pitch is totally out of order IMHO.

However, that should not stop us expressing our opinions hereabouts on a player's quality; and for me Kiernan, despite his improvement this season under Hill's tutelage, is simply not up to the required standard.

He has been found wanting when it really mattered e.g. against Celtic in the first game at Parkhead and Hearts the other week. Also he had 10 different loans in 5 years and never played more than 17 games for one club in his career. We are the only Club who have ever paid money for his services. Perhaps we saw something that others didn't?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Kiernan

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/rob-kiernan/profil/spieler/99463

I wouldn't lose any sleep if he left tomorrow and we got some kind of return from Senderos for the rest of the season; he's played at a level that Kiernan can only dream about.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I think this has been taken a bit far. Reports I've heard was that it was a single idiot mouthing off. Why does anyone on here believe anything the papers say? From good sources it was far from a "hate mob". This is probably another story that if pushed would result in a tiny retraction on page 30.