Few rumours and murmurs about us bringing in DoF , Have seen it online saying we have asked permission to approached the guy in charge of southamptons academy

Alex McLeish is favourite to take charge at Ibrox if the Rangers board decide on an interim manager until the end of the season, following the departure of Mark Warburton on Friday.

The Ibrox board has other managerial candidates to consider for the long-term, including Derek McInnes of Aberdeen, a former Rangers player, along with St Johnstone’s Tommy Wright and Michael O’Neill, manager of Northern Ireland.

The Sunday Telegraph can also reveal that possible candidates for a proposed post of director of football include Paul Mitchell, who is working his notice as head of recruitment at Spurs, Stuart Webber, head of football operations at Huddersfield Town and also John Park, the former chief scout at Celtic. Park was credited with having been instrumental in attracting players of the calibre of Victor Wanyama and Virgil van Dijk during his 10 years at Parkhead, before parting company with Rangers’ arch-foes in October.

No movement will occur before Monday, with under-20 coach Graeme Murty in charge for Sunday’s William Hill Scottish Cup fifth-round tie at home to Greenock Morton. McLeish declined to make any comment on the possibility of his return to Ibrox for a second spell in charge, having guided Rangers to two Scottish championships and five cup wins between 2001 and 2006.

Warburton, meanwhile, remains adamant that no agreement was reached between Rangers and his representative, Dave Lockwood, to the effect that he and his assistant, David Weir, and the club’s head of recruitment, Frank McParland, would resign.

The former Brentford boss also claims to have referred the matter to both his lawyers and the League Managers Association, although there has been no confirmation from the LMA of contact from Warburton over the issue.

However, Dave King, the Rangers chairman, issued a statement which accused Warburton of having reacted badly to a review by the Ibrox directors of his performance. King said: “Ahead of the board meeting at the end of January, I advised the manager that the board wished to review our recruitment plan and performance over the previous two windows.

“This was a routine request and was timely given the concerns that everyone at the club has with regard to the high level of wages we were paying relative to the performance on the pitch. In particular, a large portion of our wage bill was not even seeing regular playing time.

“Under normal circumstances such a review would remain confidential. However, in this instance, the board’s routine questioning of management was leaked to the media and conveyed as being a negative reflection of the board’s attitude to the manager and the recruitment department. It was confirmed to me that the leak did not come from a board member.

“Things moved quickly from that point. There were rumours that the management team (presumably their agent) was negotiating with English clubs and, in one instance, I was informally approached to ask if the club would waive compensation if the management team was to leave.

John Park? Can't say I have heard of him before and if he had a hand in signing Wanyama and van Dijk, nice. I would have to scan their squads of those ten years and see how much they spent on utter dross as well though ... even if that might not be Park's failures. Then again, I can't see it happening, as those from beyond the Clyde would probably burn him at the stake.

John Park? Can't say I have heard of him before and if he had a hand in signing Wanyama and van Dijk, nice. I would have to scan their squads of those ten years and see how much they spent on utter dross as well though ... even if that might not be Park's failures. Then again, I can't see it happening, as those from beyond the Clyde would probably burn him at the stake.

John Park was also in charge of hibs when they brought through Thomson, Whittaker, Brown, O'Connor, Riordan etc.

I was gutted when celtic got him. But you are right there was a lot of dross signed as well.

I would take a DoF and a young up and coming coach that is hungry and eager to prove himself someone like Cathro at Hearts who we wouldn't get now I don't think. But must be someone else out there that fits the bill.

I'm only 43 and available. I do have my UEFA C License after all :roflmao: