Jim Hannah has retired

Taken from Jim's facebook page:

It is with a heavy heart that I have to tell all my Family and Friends that I have decided to retire from my job at Rangers Football Club.

I have had a great life working over many years at this great Club, I've had the pleasure to meet and work with thousands of great people, and Im lucky to say I have become friends with guys who were my Heroes and are Legends at Rangers FC, Colin Stein, Willie Johnston Willie Henderson Davy Wilson Tom Forsyth to name but a few.

I cannot mention legends with mentioning the late great Sandy Jardine who I still miss, the Club hasn't been the same since his passing he was gentleman and went out of his way to help me and others, also Colin Jackson he was another gentleman who is sadly missed at the Club. However its time to move on and let someone younger take up the reigns, it happens in everyones life and mine is no different.

there is no hiding the fact that the last 5 years or so have been a been really tough for everyone connected to the Club, be you a fan, an employee a player or a Manager, its been really difficult, but we will come back stronger, Im convinced about that.

I would like to personally thank everyone connected to the Club over the years who helped me out in what ever role I played a part in, I will never forget you all, you know who you are, also I would like to wish the Club all the best for the future and hope and pray that we get back to the very top of Scottish Football and Europe as this is where The Rangers belong.

Thank you for the memories, they will never fade "Once a Rangers Always a Ranger" WATP

Club Statement

Rangers Football Club would like to send our best wishes and thanks to Supporters Liaison Manager Jim Hannah on his recent retirement.

Jim has been an integral part of the Company for over 30 years; he started in the late 1970s as a turnstile operator, before moving into ticket Office in the middle 1980s where he worked until 2002 as the Ticket Operations Manager. Jim also worked for a year in Project Management helping in the development of the smart card system currently used at the Club today. He then took up the role of Supporters Liaison Manager and Tours manager until present day.

His contributions at the Club will not be forgotten, and I’m sure Jim will be greatly missed by the Rangers support as well as everyone at the Club.

On behalf of everyone at Rangers Football Club, I would like to wish Jim the best of luck and wish him a long and happy retirement.

I've known Jim for over 25 years and he would often travel with our supporters club to away games during the 90s, both in Scotland and in Europe. He is a bear and has served the club that he loves well. He worked hard during the recent troubles and he played his part in the club's recovery.

One of the good guys has left the club.