Barton acting like a complete fanny today. Thank goodness his side lost.

Not defending him in any way and haven't seen the incident in question. But that big striker absolutely lamped Barton in the side of the face going up for a high ball and it looked to me as if he was leading with his arm too (only saw it briefly on Twitter so take it easy on me...). Must be a different incident from the one you all are talking about here.

So do you support him for behaving like that?

What's the Record got to do with it anyway?

It's been widely reported on social media and met with condemnation by supporters of every team throughout the whole of the UK.

It's a shame you can't see past the newspaper that the link is given and look at the incident for what it is. It's got nothing to do with being anti- or pro Barton. It's just the actions of someone behaving like a dickhead, irrespective of who they are.

Generally and not a straight reply to you BD:

The paper uses it as a tool for bashing us. First and foremost. The implied "media's right to make this known" is fine, they are "just the messengers!" Are they they being impartial about it though? You're having a laugh, don't you? That is the same paper where Sutton and Co. prime divers and cheats of their own, can publish their anti-Rangers bile every other day with impunity. The same paper who constantly ignores the antics of Yahoos and refs against us ... but highlights anything that puts us in a negative light. And that's not paranoia, as you find this every day in black & white.

So Barton dived or behaved naughty? Shock-horror! Name me one in our current squad and squads past who did not have a naughty 10 secs throughout his career? Not least when players laid into Barton and/or Halliday on the field of play with - at times - no repercussions? These are human beings like you and me. Which is not to say that I condone such behaviour. But likewise I do not condone the behaviour of the media.

Edited by der Berliner

The paper uses it as a tool for bashing us. First and foremost. The implied "media's right to make this known" is fine, they are "just the messengers!" Are they they being impartial about it though? You're having a laugh, don't you? That is the same paper where Sutton and Co. prime divers and cheats of their own, can publish their anti-Rangers bile every other day with impunity. The same paper who constantly ignores the antics of Yahoos and refs against us ... but highlights anything that puts us in a negative light. And that's not paranoia, as you find this every day in black & white.

Yes the Record has been anti-Rangers but in this case they are just reporting a story that everyone else has as well. The OP could have quite as easily been any other media source and it wouldn't have changed the story. It wasn't relevant to the story or the fact that Barton acted like that.

So Barton dived or behaved naughty? Shock-horror! Name me one in our current squad and squads past who did not have a naughty 10 secs throughout his career? Not least when players laid into Barton and/or Halliday on the field of play with - at times - no repercussions? These are human beings like you and me.

Feel free to list incidents by Rangers players that were just as embarrassing as that. I can't instantly think of one, and if they did they would be rightly criticised by a vast majority on here.

In addition it was against non-league opposition. He let himself and his club down.

Type "Rangers player dive" on google or youtube and you will get your examples. Lafferty would be rather high on that list, I guess ... if only for one incident.

As I said, it is not something that I condone. Yet, we see it in games such as last Sunday, when players get fouled time and again with no cards or even free kicks are being given, players may well take "justice" in their own hands. Either by fouling the culprits or trying to "influence" the game in their way. Either by blatant or not so blatant cheating. Neither shall be condoned, but the question goes out to you and other whether you would just take this into your stride and walk tall with your chin up and being morally above it?

Here, as much as in the DR, it is being utilized to slap Barton once again. That is what I was lamenting.

BTW, the Telegraph has hardly a word about Rangers ...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/02/18/joey-barton-slammed-embarrassing-performance-old-diving-tweet/

So you weren't able to come up with an example as embarrassing as that?

If it happens all the time as you suggest, why was this one all over social media?

So a Scottish paper mentions the Rangers (Scottish) connection and a mainly English paper doesn't. So what? If it was Van Dyke, for example, they would mention Celtic whereas the Telegraph wouldn't.

If you're jumping on stuff like this as being anti-Rangers, you damage the arguments when we really have stuff to complain about.

This is it, Craig.

Thanks BD - will need to view when I get home. Definitely a different one from the one I saw where he DID get lamped because the one I saw was near the halfway line, not near the box.

So Barton dived or behaved naughty? Shock-horror! Name me one in our current squad and squads past who did not have a naughty 10 secs throughout his career? Not least when players laid into Barton and/or Halliday on the field of play with - at times - no repercussions? These are human beings like you and me. Which is not to say that I condone such behaviour. But likewise I do not condone the behaviour of the media.

But how many of them went on record like Barton did and proclaimed that he hates divers and that the authorities need to sort it out.

The media are absolutely right to highlight his hypocrisy.

So you weren't able to come up with an example as embarrassing as that?

If it happens all the time as you suggest, why was this one all over social media?

So a Scottish paper mentions the Rangers (Scottish) connection and a mainly English paper doesn't. So what? If it was Van Dyke, for example, they would mention Celtic whereas the Telegraph wouldn't.

If you're jumping on stuff like this as being anti-Rangers, you damage the arguments when we really have stuff to complain about.

Calm down a little, if you will?! I'm not saying that our players always behaved like Barton does here, but that we are far from being immune to diving and cheating, or behaving naughty on occasion. And you will find enough examples by yourself to prove that. Not any like Barton's, but that wasn't the point.

And that aside, I do not reside on Gersnet or the internet 24/7 to provide you with anything demanded "on the fly". Nor am I keeping tabs on all feigned injuries, dives et al from our players over the years. Hence the remark about google et al, which will give you a few.

If you don't view that as another attempt by the DR to give it straight to us, so be it.