TRAINING | Caixinha's First Session

I'd like to see a lot more of our training sessions, but then again, I'm not sure it should be plastered all over the internet for opponents to view.

I understand your point here Rousseau but the individual training sessions aren't so secret, and wouldn't be useful to the competition. It's the overall training plan that gives away tactics, attributes and styles that the staff want to develop in the players.

There is however one thing that the opposition CAN pick up from watching these videos. The intensity and determination of the players in those sessions shows that we mean business. I hope the players can sustain this because that intensity of training with the ball in small areas is what builds concentration, pitch awareness and decision making. Either this is a coincidence, or he's identified it as a weakness.

Some of the players looked sharper in that video that I've seen them in the last year on the pitch.

I understand your point here Rousseau but the individual training sessions aren't so secret, and wouldn't be useful to the competition. It's the overall training plan that gives away tactics, attributes and styles that the staff want to develop in the players.

There is however one thing that the opposition CAN pick up from watching these videos. The intensity and determination of the players in those sessions shows that we mean business. I hope the players can sustain this because that intensity of training with the ball in small areas is what builds concentration, pitch awareness and decision making. Either this is a coincidence, or he's identified it as a weakness.

Some of the players looked sharper in that video that I've seen them in the last year on the pitch.

Its amazing what the need to impress a new manager can do.....

If that is true the it will be a feather in the cap for Mutry surely. I doubt if Pedro will have made such a difference in one session. It is not all black and white though it is getting a balance between reaching peak fitness and getting the needed rest. The needed rest is just as important as heavy physical training sessions every day. Golf sessions starting at 11am goes a bit far though. You could see in the last few games that Mutry was making a difference.

It is funny but Warburton had us super fit and high pressing last season I wonder why he let that level drop?

Whenever I watch these sort of training videos it makes me wish i was out there doing it...

Had you been there when McCoist was in charge most of us here would've been calling for you to get a game. :lover:

Had you been there when McCoist was in charge most of us here would've been calling for you to get a game. :lover:

McCoist would not have selected Lenny3k, as he most likely would have given the rest of them a showing-up.

McCoist would not have selected Lenny3k, as he most likely would have given the rest of them a showing-up.

I can just see it, fast attacking from a front 3 of myself, Francisco Sandaza and Kevin Kyle, dubbed KLS scoring more goals than MSN at Barcelona ;)

I'd like to see a lot more of our training sessions, but then again, I'm not sure it should be plastered all over the internet for opponents to view.

Small snippets of drills wont give anything away though. Nothing you saw on that video could be used by an opponent. You saw fitness drills and 2 v 2's. Nothing in that video was tactical, it was all physical or technical.