Suarez took a dive, yes. Was he cheating ? Probably. Does that mean the whole team cheat ? No. Did I say all of Real Madrid cheat ? No.

I took your last paragraph to mean that RM were cheating bastards and if they are "every bit as bad" then it means that Barca are as well. However it was said with a smiley as it was purely to wind you up, mate. :D

As for the rest, I didn't watch the whole game and TBH didn't notice the rolling about that you're referring to. My (possibly incorrect) take was that the ref just got it wrong and whatever the Real player had done wasn't a deciding factor. I may have watched that part on the repeat function of the BT player on my IPad, so it may not have been clear, or they may not have shown the whole thing.

I still think that it should have been clear that it wasn't a foul, and the ref is therefore to blame. :)

Edited by Bluedell

I took your last paragraph to mean that RM were cheating bastards and if they are "every bit as bad" then it means that Barca are as well. However it was said with a smiley as it was purely to wind you up, mate. :D

As for the rest, I didn't watch the whole game and TBH didn't notice the rolling about that you're referring to. My (possibly incorrect) take was that the ref just got it wrong and whatever the Real player had done wasn't a deciding factor. I may have watched that part on the repeat function of the BT player on my IPad, so it may not have been clear, or they may not have shown the whole thing.

I still think that it should have been clear that it wasn't a foul, and the ref is therefore to blame. :)

No, my last sentence was about individuals being cheating bastards - I guess I didn't clarify too well. I don't think any team (aside from Celtic :D) can be collectively termed cheating bastards.

You could be right that Asensio wasn't the deciding factor - I would probably need to go look again myself but at the time it looked to me as if he went down (which wasn't unreasonable as Vidal had slid in) but when he went down he made it look like Vidal had caught him (I THINK he grabbed his ankle as if he had been caught) but it was abundantly clear (from a different angle from the ref admittedly) that Vidal hadn't made contact with him at all and, indeed, had made the perfect sliding tackle (and I don't particularly like Vidal....).

Whilst I understand the "the ref is to blame" argument it also can't really be disputed that if the player feigns contact then he is to blame - without feigning contact the ref has no decision to make.

Plus, I can't stand Real Madrid :D Ramos's feigned contact moments before was embarrassing - and yet he is the first to get in the face of opponents that he feels have dived. Hypocritical arsehole (but great player :D).

For a prime example of cheat and win at any cost - switch on to the Barca v Juventus match right now.

Why any side with the talent of Barcelona feels the need to act like this defies logic. Just get on with it and try to win the match ffs.

Edited by boabie

For a prime example of cheat and win at any cost - switch on to the Barca v Juventus match right now.

Why any side with the talent of Barcelona feels the need to act like this defies logic. Just get on with it and try to win the match ffs.

Who is it that is throwing themselves to the ground ? I'm stuck at work - leaving in a few to catch the 2nd half.

For clarity, I cant stand ANY PLAYER that cheats to gain advantage. It is unbecoming of sport.

I can't blame the linesman for the second one. I haven't seen it slowed down but watched it a couple of times in replay at normal speed and wasn't sure if it was or wasn't.

However the first one was a shocker.

I actually thought the other way round, the second one was a forward pass while he was ahead of his team mate.

Its one rule i always needed to watch a few times i.e. Torres and Willian in the Gerrard slip match and Van Vossens blazin miss v Celtic but so long as you are behind your team mate you cant be offside, but Ronaldo was ahead of him.

Saw only highlights of the second game and Bayern will have some point of bother, yet ... their penalty was fortuitous, Vidal might have walked for a second yellow long before he actually got his marching orders, while IMHO only one of Ronaldo's goal was a straight forward offside goal, his second pretty difficult to spot for the linesman. We got half a dozen slow motions et al, refs don't have that. So they fell for Robben's penalty as much as the tackle that saw Vidal being sent off. The latter might have won the ball cleanly, but also felled the opposition player in the process, stopping his progress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15FNAEF9q98

And all the Ramos dislikers will have jumped up in joy about his own goal ... which is the typical Bayern "luck" (as we call it), which helps them through when things don't go their way. The way they went after the ref after full time on the field, in the tunnel, his dressing room and the media is shameful and sure does not befit a club of their stature.

Who is it that is throwing themselves to the ground ? I'm stuck at work - leaving in a few to catch the 2nd half.

For clarity, I cant stand ANY PLAYER that cheats to gain advantage. It is unbecoming of sport.

Barca players mate. They were throwing themselves around, disputing absolutely every decision and generally acting like fannies. They began to play a bit of football late in the second half when they saw the referee was strong and not fooled for one second by their nonsense.