Regardless of tomorrow's result...

Whilst it is only one game he just proved you wrong, at least for today.

Ronaldo couldn't have hit a coo in the erse with a banjo today - Messi absolutely outclassed him and scored two - his first an absolutely sublime way to go past two defenders on the edge of the box - and the 2nd one under pressure in the sense that they NEEDED it to even have a chance in this La Liga and his finish was top class.

Messi outshone today every player on the pitch today in the El Classico.

Was just raving about this on other thread Craig. What a game!

Hes not even the best at barca anymore. Maybe even third. Over the last few years ronaldos been better. Hazard is getting to be outrageously good.

There are other contenders in bale and even alli.

No team wouldnt take cante in a heartbeat.

Messis unbelievable hes just not as good as he was.

You're just making a fool of yourself.

Hey i think ronaldo suarez and hazard are all now better and a few others are catching.

Im sure he was great tonight. Hes stil a magnificent player.

On tonight's performances from 3 of the 4 you mention - Messi is an absolute country mile ahead of the other 2 (Suarez and Ronaldo).

Seriously GS, you should watch the full game when you get the chance. It had pretty much everything. What a game it was. And Ronaldo really was that bad. Indeed, Suarez was too. Suarez couldn't control the ball and Ronaldo missed a couple of sitters. Messi took an elbow in the face (looked unintentional from Marcelo but Messi had blood pouring from his mouth), Ramos with a 2 footed lunge and red card, James with a sublime finish, an offside goal for Madrid, 3 excellent goals from Barca.

It was a delight to watch

On tonight's performances from 3 of the 4 you mention - Messi is an absolute country mile ahead of the other 2 (Suarez and Ronaldo).

Seriously GS, you should watch the full game when you get the chance. It had pretty much everything. What a game it was. And Ronaldo really was that bad. Indeed, Suarez was too. Suarez couldn't control the ball and Ronaldo missed a couple of sitters. Messi took an elbow in the face (looked unintentional from Marcelo but Messi had blood pouring from his mouth), Ramos with a 2 footed lunge and red card, James with a sublime finish, an offside goal for Madrid, 3 excellent goals from Barca.

Will try to get a look at the highlights at least. Would have watched it if the youngest wasnt sick.

If your talking about the first Madrid goal then then you can discuss whether the two players who were offside were influencing the the play as the player who scored was onside. I would agree that they were in a position that the goalkeeper had to watch them so it should have been called offside. As I say it is debatable under the present unclear offside laws.

If your talking about the first Madrid goal then then you can discuss whether the two players who were offside were influencing the the play as the player who scored was onside. I would agree that they were in a position that the goalkeeper had to watch them so it should have been called offside. As I say it is debatable under the present unclear offside laws.

Disagree pete. There is no discussion as to whether one of the players offside influenced play. Ramos was one of the players offside when the ball was played in and it was he who took the shot onto the post. From the rebound it fell immediately to Casemiro for the tap in. That makes Ramos an active player.

If there is discussion to be had about this then the offside rule really is a mockery. A player MUST be active if they have taken an active part in the phase of play and it cant be argued that Ramos didn't as it was his shot (having started from an offside position) that came off the post to Casemiro.

Disagree pete. There is no discussion as to whether one of the players offside influenced play. Ramos was one of the players offside when the ball was played in and it was he who took the shot onto the post. From the rebound it fell immediately to Casemiro for the tap in. That makes Ramos an active player.

If there is discussion to be had about this then the offside rule really is a mockery. A player MUST be active if they have taken an active part in the phase of play and it cant be argued that Ramos didn't as it was his shot (having started from an offside position) that came off the post to Casemiro.

I would need to watch it again to be sure and I do think it was offside by the players position but Dutch television brought up it was only offside if the Ref judged them to be influencing his play. i won't argue until i have seen it again.