Rangers players' true level - compared to 90s squad players

I keep reading that this is the worst Rangers team ever, and it's certainly true that the gulf between us and celtic is as wide as it ever has been.

But we have had rubbish players before, some of whom even won a few medals in good teams. It's just we didn't have a first XI full of them.

So which past players can our current line up realistically compare to? Here's my list..

1) Foderingham <> Nicky Walker (keeper before Souness signed Chris Woods)

2) Tavernier <> Ted McMinn (if any manager was daft enough to play him at right back)

3) Wallace <> Jan Bartram (Danish international fell out with Souness)

4) Kiernan <> Scott Nisbet (Champions league hero!)

5) Wilson <> Steven Pressley (Decent player.. for Hearts)

6) Halliday <> Cammy Fraser (won league 86/87)

7) Garner <> Billy Urquhart (6 goals in 3 seasons up front)

8) Holt <> Ian Durrant (post assault by Neil Simpson)

9) Miller <> Kenny Miller

10) Waghorn <> Philip Sebo (big guy, slow, can't score but a trier)

11) Mackay <> Gregg Wylde

Any opinions?

Whats the point of this-------spit it out.
the same as everything posted on a forum. DISCUSSION! No post = nothing to read. Does there always have to be a serious point to something?

Foderingham, McKay better than your 90s counterpart. Maybe Wallace. None of the others.

I can't really recall Bartram (which might mean that you are right) but I find it hard to believe that someone with over 30 Danish caps was that bad.

I like Wallace as a person but not as a captain or a defender. He looked great in the bottom tier of Scottish football - one suspects Bartram would have too.

the same as everything posted on a forum. DISCUSSION! No post = nothing to read. Does there always have to be a serious point to something?

So,miller was shit then and hes shit now?You go ahead and discuss that.

Durrant?

Foderingham, McKay better than your 90s counterpart. Maybe Wallace. None of the others.

Foderingham was at fault for at least 2 of the goals on Saturday. How the hell can a player head the ball in at head height 2 yards from the goal without meeting the keeper? If I was manager I would drop him and give the other keeper a chance.

So,miller was shit then and hes shit now?You go ahead and discuss that.

Durrant?

Okay Miller is better now than he was first time around but not so good as his second stint.

Durrant is a strange one and i would say before his injury he was world class so he doesn't deserve to be in a poor players list

Foderingham was at fault for at least 2 of the goals on Saturday. How the hell can a player head the ball in at head height 2 yards from the goal without meeting the keeper? If I was manager I would drop him and give the other keeper a chance.

Thats commenting on Saturdays game----there is another thread for that.