Back where we belong - Europe

The goal Garner scored at Firhill essentially confirmed that we will be back in Europe next season, even though 3rd place ain't cast into stone just yet. But since the Yahoos and Aberdeen will fight it out for the SFA Cup, the fourth placed team will also play in Europe.

To wet the appetite for silverware, the Light Blues will enjoy the scenic route to silverware, which starts on June 29th. Here are the qualification rounds and possible dates:

19/06/17: First and second qualifying round draws

29/06/17: First qualifying round, first leg

06/07/17: First qualifying round, second leg

13/07/17: Second qualifying round, first leg

20/07/17: Second qualifying round, second leg

14/07/17: Third qualifying round draw

27/07/17: Third qualifying round, first leg

03/08/17: Third qualifying round, second leg

04/08/17: Play-off draw

17/08/17: Play-off round, first leg

24/08/17: Play-off round, second leg

Edited by der Berliner
Dates changed

Cannot wait for that first away trip! It's been the biggest loss to me of the six years. Pre season friendly trips are good but it's not the same

Completely agree! It's the loss of Euro ties that I've missed the most. Being in the prem league again was a great milestone, but Europe is what gets the juices flowing.

The goal Garner scored at Firhill essentially confirmed that we will be back in Europe next season, even though 3rd place ain't cast into stone just yet. But since the Yahoos and Aberdeen will fight it out for the SFA Cup, the fourth placed team will also play in Europe.

To wet the appetite for silverware, the Light Blues will enjoy the scenic route to silverware, which starts on June 29th. Here are the qualification rounds and possible dates:

19/06/17: First and second qualifying round draws

29/06/17: First qualifying round, first leg

06/07/17: First qualifying round, second leg

13/07/17: Second qualifying round, first leg

14/07/17: Second qualifying round, second leg

20/07/17: Third qualifying round draw

27/07/17: Third qualifying round, first leg

03/08/17: Third qualifying round, second leg

04/08/17: Play-off draw

17/08/17: Play-off round, first leg

24/08/17: Play-off round, second leg

Only a day from the second rd 1st and 2nd legs?

Edited by scotjo

I'm guessing Pedro grasps the vital importance of this. I read a few years or so ago that a run into the Europa league group stage even if finishing last in the group was worth an average minimum £8 million or so thus i'm guessing it's worth even more now. Enough to propel us comfortably ahead of the rest at this point while Ashley still bleeds us dry on other fronts. It's probably more money than the value of the entire squad right now.

We really need it and it's going to be my entire focus and probably obsession until we get into a group. Anything further than the group stage would be a nice bonus but getting into the group at all is a win and could cement the reputation of Pedro which can only help all concerned.