PRESS CONFERENCE | Pedro Caixinha | 11 May 2017

Pedro has only been here for a number of weeks and I already cant listen to his interviews with a straight face. The words say one thing, of a tactically astute, deep thinking, positive and demanding boss, his teams on the park look rudderless, bereft of ideas, tactically inept, and carefree. It doesnt look to me like this group of players are buying into his vision.

The shortest close season in history is nowhere near enough time for him to make the changes necessary, IF he was good enough and had the resources to do it in the first place. I already fear how much his departure (and all the guys he has brought in with him) is going to cost us, and not just in monetary terms, when the blame is inevitably thrust his way before Christmas.

Completely disagree Tannochsidebear. In a short space of time he has identified those who are willing and those who are not willing. He's set down the law and shown them who is boss.

Even with a very small pool of willing players left he still has managed to improve us drastically defensively while also improving our strikers to the point where they score every match. Imagine what he will do with a full squad of willing players?

Things look positive to me.

Completely disagree Tannochsidebear. In a short space of time he has identified those who are willing and those who are not willing. He's set down the law and shown them who is boss.

Even with a very small pool of willing players left he still has managed to improve us drastically defensively while also improving our strikers to the point where they score every match. Imagine what he will do with a full squad of willing players?

Things look positive to me.

Whilst I think TB's views are pretty strong, I similarly have some early concerns but I don't think we can pre-judge based on the end to this season and am willing to give the guy time to bring in his own players and to have a settling down period whereby he has some space to get across his ideas.

What will also happen is that those who have already made up their minds, will look to find evidence to support their view whilst underplaying evidence that contradicts it. Not saying thats the case with TB, but ultimately its a results business, and if he gets results he'll be hailed as the messiah. If he doesn't get results then the the knives will sharpen.

The problem is not with judging the manager. The problem is most seem unable to identify what he should be judged on right now. Anyone judging him on performances from the pool of players he has now and a starting eleven underpinned with reserves is quiet frankly off their nut.

Judge performances when he doesn't have both hands tied behind his back. Personally I think he has went about the job fantastically well and best of all he is doing it the direct way without pandering to quick fixes that paper over the cracks.

I think he is doing a good job as well, he has brought a lot of youngsters in to the team (circumstances have dictated that), but they have looked half decent. he has shown he isn't afraid to change it when needed as well.

I think you are right TB in the sense that the team looks rudderless and bereft of ideas, I think that's down to the players though, most I don't think are intelligent enough to implement his ideas and a bit like Warburton I think a lot of them have thin skin and down tools to quickly when things don't go their way, they are weak mentally and tbh I don't think a lot of them have the mental strength to play for a big club.

I think the new manager has made some questionable tactical decisions but, if we're honest, the guy said he was using the rest of this season to test a few things so fair enough if it helps him decide how to progress things for next season.

We can only judge him properly after he's made his own signings and had a few months to bed them into his preferred system. You'd think by early November we'll know if he is the real deal and there can be no excuses at that point as both he and the board knew the budget before taking him on.

I think many of us have had enough of the apparent attitude problems with certain members of our squad. I'm just glad we have someone who appears to be tackling this issue. Rangers is a club that needs winners. Even if we don't win, I want to see the players with the desire to win. I must admit that I don't like to see the players enjoying themselves after a defeat, and it sends out the wrong message, as well as being a symptom of a losing mentality. That's why I was happy to see certain players told they can go, assuming the rumours are correct.

I also like his attitude towards the leaks. It is unforgivable, regardless of what any of the players disagree with. Anyone found to be leaking information should be out. There are no excuses and it doesn't matter how key that player is. There's no room for him at our club.

I'm looking forward to him bringing in his own players because I'm really looking forward to being able to assess his abilities as a manager. So far so good, but we can't really call nckude much about him until he's had a transfer window or two. I just hope the results go well enough for him to be around long enough for subsequent windows. If he brings in players with mental toughness similar to his own, I think we should be in a good position.