PRESS CONFERENCE | Pedro Caixinha | 11 May 2017

I think many of us have had enough of the apparent attitude problems with certain members of our squad. I'm just glad we have someone who appears to be tackling this issue. Rangers is a club that needs winners. Even if we don't win, I want to see the players with the desire to win. I must admit that I don't like to see the players enjoying themselves after a defeat, and it sends out the wrong message, as well as being a symptom of a losing mentality. That's why I was happy to see certain players told they can go, assuming the rumours are correct.

I also like his attitude towards the leaks. It is unforgivable, regardless of what any of the players disagree with. Anyone found to be leaking information should be out. There are no excuses and it doesn't matter how key that player is. There's no room for him at our club.

I'm looking forward to him bringing in his own players because I'm really looking forward to being able to assess his abilities as a manager. So far so good, but we can't really call nckude much about him until he's had a transfer window or two. I just hope the results go well enough for him to be around long enough for subsequent windows. If he brings in players with mental toughness similar to his own, I think we should be in a good position.

What rumours are these that you speak of?

The problem is not with judging the manager. The problem is most seem unable to identify what he should be judged on right now. Anyone judging him on performances from the pool of players he has now and a starting eleven underpinned with reserves is quiet frankly off their nut.

Judge performances when he doesn't have both hands tied behind his back. Personally I think he has went about the job fantastically well and best of all he is doing it the direct way without pandering to quick fixes that paper over the cracks.

I'm sorry trublu, but any Rangers manager who gets a tanking in a cup semi-final against them, then gets his tactics horribly wrong the very next game and oversees the worst result at Ibrox against them in history, has already burnt a lot of bridges with the support. Most I speak to are resigned that we have to give him a chance and a transfer window or two to change the squad around a bit but have no or very little confidence that our board appointed the right man.

I personally feel sorry for the man, who seems very decent and has a strong desire to do well, but to me looks so far out of his depth. He will get my full support, I have renewed and ticked all the boxes again as usual, but I fear next season is going to be more of the same, and I dont believe he will be in charge in a years time.

There is no question that the players did not follow the tactics he laid down in the first game v Celtic and there is equally no question that his tactics in the second game were wrong. Understandable that he wanted to go for a win at home; but wrong because the players we have right now aren't capable of challenging Celtic at least not in an attacking contest.

There was a contradiction between his comments and those of Wallace re the leaks; but I am in little doubt that his word will be law and those who don't tow the line will train with the boys or at 6.00am.

However, we have seen him change tactics twice against PT, for example, and that tells me he is learning more about the capabilities of this group and the opponents.

I am looking forward to seeing who he can bring in and how he re-shapes the squad and tactics accordingly. If he can bring players of the quality of Bruno Alves then that can't be bad. (The issue of how to persuade in contract players to leave is not his responsibility.)

I am confident that we will have a much better squad and be more consistent next season than this; at the same time I don't think we'll challenge Celtic for the title. However, if we can finish second and close the gap I'd count that as a success.

Of course there is a risk that he will be prove to be a costly failure a la PLG & MW (second season); but that risk is always present in football.

In any event it's way too early to judge the man trying to shape a team with the dross he's been left by MW.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Pedro has only been here for a number of weeks and I already cant listen to his interviews with a straight face. The words say one thing, of a tactically astute, deep thinking, positive and demanding boss, his teams on the park look rudderless, bereft of ideas, tactically inept, and carefree. It doesnt look to me like this group of players are buying into his vision.

The shortest close season in history is nowhere near enough time for him to make the changes necessary, IF he was good enough and had the resources to do it in the first place. I already fear how much his departure (and all the guys he has brought in with him) is going to cost us, and not just in monetary terms, when the blame is inevitably thrust his way before Christmas.

his one chance left is to make decent signings

and by that i would suggest he signs absolute animals willing to run through brick walls for him