Some live in a Utopian world JFK, whilst others live in reality.

We talk about "wanting British players but better than we have" but the start reality is that even the lower level teams in the Championship can afford wages far in excess of us. So... what are we left with ? League 1 and 2 players - the exact same pool of players that we have bemoaned MW for signing for the last 9 months.

It is very, very difficult to have it both ways.

I don't care where they come from if they do the job to a sufficient standard. I don't care if they sign an African pygmy who dresses in a loincloth and speaks an unknown language if he can net 30 goals a season. We would soon all be chanting his unpronounceable name.

even if we sign the main players quoted we will still have around 6 brits in the starting 11 nevermind throughout the squad. Imagine how much the likes of Bates can learn from playing along side Alves in training and games.

Read someplace that Pedro thinks Wilson can be a player but needs an experienced man beside him and ideally an experienced talented 'assassin' so to speak. Think Alves checks those boxes.

Edited by JFK-1

I know some will want to say seen all that before Garner scored a bagful on youtube and I agree nothing is ever certain but you can't watch this and not see this guy has real quality which along with other new signings could propel us far ahead of the rest at a bare minimum. The video is a bit less than halfway down the page.

I know some will want to say seen all that before Garner scored a bagful on youtube and I agree nothing is ever certain but you can't watch this and not see this guy has real quality which along with other new signings could propel us far ahead of the rest at a bare minimum. The video is a bit less than halfway down the page.

if he scores a goal like the 2nd or 3rd on that vid the roof will come off Ibrox!!