Pre season friendlies

Does anyone have any idea if there are going to be any or are we going to be entering the Europa league first qualifying round with a team that hasn't played a single game together? Either way i'm hoping for very weak first round opponents and a resounding victory to kill it off in the first leg making the second leg more of an experimental getting to know each other event.

Does anyone have any idea if there are going to be any or are we going to be entering the Europa league first qualifying round with a team that hasn't played a single game together? Either way i'm hoping for very weak first round opponents and a resounding victory to kill it off in the first leg making the second leg more of an experimental getting to know each other event.

Nothing on the official website for the month of June

Not ideal but I will be optimistic and look at it from the perspective of the sheep record over the past three seasons they have been in those qualifying rounds. In each of those seasons they made it through to the third qualifying round before being being beaten there.

I will also conclude that the squad we appear to be shaping is better than anything they had in those three seasons and good enough to get us through to at least that third qualifying round.

At that point we would have had four competitive matches to get us synching and if we were to make it to that third qualifying round we will have 6 competitive Euro matches under our belt before the SPL opening day. Somewhat better preparation for the opening day than last year.

A resounding first qualifying round first leg victory would be the ideal scenario for all concerned aside from the opposition of course. Would be reminiscent of the thrashing of hubz in Warburtons first competitive match which set him up for a season of adulation and bestowal of the magic hat.

I think the opening couple of rounds WILL be our pre-season games. We may do what Timmy does and cancel a league game to fit in a "glamour" home tie on one of the weekends in August, but that is a cash cow and not really pre-season preparation. Like last year when the League Cup sectionals were effectively our pre-season games (discounting a couple of bounce games in the USA), the Europa League games will increase in difficulty as we proceed but should be winnable with a new squad. If we come against a side in mid-season we may struggle though as even with better players you can get caught cold without the gametime preparation (Red Imps!)

I know a lot of guys don't fancy the friendlies much, but I always enjoy the pre season glamour game (ok I know Burnley wasn't exactly glamour). I hope we can arrange something?

Most English teams are just returning from holiday when we need the friendlies so I doubt it will happen. Against a Scandinavian team would probably be the only option.

If the first leg were away wonder if it would be practical to go the nation in question a week beforehand and get a game or even two with local sides.

I think there are rules that prevent you from doing that