I've got the feeling Pena will play as one of two DMs. He's a box-to-box player that likes to arrive late, rather than an orthodox attacking midfielder. I can see Dorrans being the No.10, although that doesn't leave room for Kranjcar!!

Foderingham

Tavernier - Alves - Cardoso - Wallace

Jack - Pena

Candeias - Dorrans/Kranjcar - Dalcio/Miller

Herrera/Morelos

I've not been impressed with Wallace, so I'd prefer Beerman -- or at least given a shot, but I doubt it.

Miller has been piss poor in that inside forward role, but he might be better with a more attacking player (Pena) behind him, with more support and options; Dorrans is more mobile than Kranjcar too.

We've not got many natural wingers, but we do have options in Windass, Holt, Dodoo and Waghorn in an inside forward role. Not ideal, but they can play there -- if indeed it is an inside forward role.

A 4-2-2-2 (or even a 4-4-2 diamond) could be interesting too, with Kranjcar and Dorrans as double No.10s and our FBs providing the width:

Fod

Tav - Alves - Cardoso - Wallace

Jack - Pena

Dorrans - Kranjcar

Morelos/Miller - Herrera

Edited by Rousseau

I've got the feeling Pena will play as one of two DMs. He's a box-to-box player that likes to arrive late, rather than an orthodox attacking midfielder. I can see Dorrans being the No.10, although that doesn't leave room for Kranjcar!!

Foderingham

Tavernier - Alves - Cardoso - Wallace

Jack - Pena

Candeias - Dorrans/Kranjcar - Dalcio/Miller

Herrera/Morelos

I've not been impressed with Wallace, so I'd prefer Beerman -- or at least given a shot, but I doubt it.

Miller has been piss poor in that inside forward role, but he might be better with a more attacking player (Pena) behind him, with more support and options; Dorrans is more mobile than Kranjcar too.

We've not got many natural wingers, but we do have options in Windass, Holt, Dodoo and Waghorn in an inside forward role. Not ideal, but they can play there -- if indeed it is an inside forward role.

A 4-2-2-2 (or even a 4-4-2 diamond) could be interesting too, with Kranjcar and Dorrans as double No.10s and our FBs providing the width:

Fod

Tav - Alves - Cardoso - Wallace

Jack - Pena

Dorrans - Kranjcar

Morelos/Miller - Herrera

nothing down either side of the pitch than tavernier and wallace?

no thanks

Edited by jhunter

I agree with Rosseau, I think to get our best players on the park we need to go narrow, either 4222 or a 442 diamond, I would prefer to go with the diamond, it gives you a bit more cover in midfield and a bit more of an attacking presence up front, the problem is pedro is all about quick phases of play but we have quite a slow team bar maybe miller and candias, possibly dalcio. There is no point in going 433 or 4231 when our inside forwards aren't as good as our central midfielders, he is going to need to adapt his tactics to suit. I would go

Foderingham

Tavenier Alves Cardoso Wallace

Jack

Pena Dorrans

Kranjcar

Herrera Miller

Hopefully Rossiter, Morelos, Dalcio and Candias can push for a starting spot but that's the team I would be going with just now