So whats our first XI team likely to be. Obviously 1 or 2 more signings to get over the line but going by the business thats been done we are maybe looking at a 4-5-1 / 4-3-3. (I dont like this 4-2-3-1 talk, there is 3 outfield areas on a pitch so the 2-3 doesnt work :D)

Its got players in their natural positions and for me is a breath of fresh air compared to some of the dead wood we had. Im glad no Kiernan, Halliday, Forrester, MOH, Garner is listed.

Bates, Beerman are for the future. Wilson, Miller, Dodoo, Rossiter, McKay are good options on the bench. But competition is now good and these guys have to earn their place.

Is there an argument to sign a stronger keeper or am I being a bit greedy??

This is a total wild attempt:

Foderingham

Tavernier Cardoso Alves Wallace

Pena Jack Kranjcar

Dalcio Herrera Candeias

I doubt if Tav and Wallace will be the full-backs.

Hodson and Beerman?

Pedro obviously likes a back 4 but we do have the squad to go to a 3 if you put Wilson into the side with Alves and Cardoso.

Hodson and Beerman?

Pedro obviously likes a back 4 but we do have the squad to go to a 3 if you put Wilson into the side with Alves and Cardoso.

No less chance I think he will bring in a few backs.

No less chance I think he will bring in a few backs.

I dont think he will. That would be a full outfield overhaul bar Kranjcar who hasnt played under PC yet.

Tav is a good option going forward. Could link up well with Dalcio.

Wallace is where the questions start to kick in.

Well, there were some of us who were saying just weeks ago that we would never challenge next season because the entire team would have to be overhauled. So here it is, a complete overhaul to the extent that we can't even guess a first XI

Best we could do is start from the back and pick the certainties. Foderingham, Alves, Cardoso. Beyond that isn't so easy.

Well, there were some of us who were saying just weeks ago that we would never challenge next season because the entire team would have to be overhauled. So here it is, a complete overhaul to the extent that we can't even guess a first XI

Best we could do is start from the back and pick the certainties. Foderingham, Alves, Cardoso. Beyond that isn't so easy.

You are right there. Its an absolute guess game. Whats the odds to see some of the old starting in the next game.

I think the transfer window plays its part in the players going out the club.

We'll have a far more solid midfield with Jack, Dorrans, Pena, Rossiter and Kranjcar next season, so we may actually trial a three-at-the-back style at home or against weaker opposition, leaving one more midfield or attacking slot open. Pena and Dorrans apparently like to push forward, so a 3-2-4-1 or 3-2-3-2 could easily see us swamping the midfield with attack-minded players, which would ease the problems for the defence.

IMHO it is good that PC saw how the Scottish teams like to play against us, so he knew exacty what is required against powerfull midfielders and parked-busses. How it will click with the new guys is anyone's guess.

Pena is a certainty, if fit. Dorrans, too, if the deal is done. I suspect that Ryan Jack will start.

Full backs, presumably, will be as before, unless some new bodies are brought in. (Candeias as a rb/rwb? )

Up front, I imagine Herrera will start.

That's about 7 starters, with Dalcio, presumably, on the bench.

One thing is sure, it will be interesting.

So whats our first XI team likely to be. Obviously 1 or 2 more signings to get over the line but going by the business thats been done we are maybe looking at a 4-5-1 / 4-3-3. (I dont like this 4-2-3-1 talk, there is 3 outfield areas on a pitch so the 2-3 doesnt work :D)

Its got players in their natural positions and for me is a breath of fresh air compared to some of the dead wood we had. Im glad no Kiernan, Halliday, Forrester, MOH, Garner is listed.

Bates, Beerman are for the future. Wilson, Miller, Dodoo, Rossiter, McKay are good options on the bench. But competition is now good and these guys have to earn their place.

Is there an argument to sign a stronger keeper or am I being a bit greedy??

This is a total wild attempt:

Foderingham

Pena Jack Kranjcar

Dalcio Herrera Candeias

Foderingham

Jack Rossiter

Candeias Pena Dorrans

Herrera