Back to this thread also after 2 games have played and signings done.

For me - Obviously Foderingham in goal but I ask questions about Tav and Wallace. Can we go to a back 3?? Even if its a 4 then Beerman showed he could possibly overhaul Wallace who is struggling IMO.

3-5-2:

Foderingham

Wilson Alves Cardoso

Jack Kranjcar

Candeias Pena Dorrans

Miller Herrera

4-5-1:

Foderingham

Tavernier Alves Cardoso Beerman

Jack

Candeias Pena Kranjcar Dorrans

Herrera

Id like to see Holt and Waghorn dropped - previously fans of both of them but we have to get away from the MW side. And Wallace needs dropped also and fight back for his place. Young Beerman looked more than capable.

Edited by Gribz

^ I know some will say Dorrans isnt a left winger. But Albertz or Van Bronkhurst werent wingers either but both slotted into that real midfielder role in a 4.

As for the 3-5-2 some will say we dont have wing backs. But being Rangers playing Dundee at home we shouldnt have the need for 5 defenders in the team.

You 3-5-2 lacks pace in defense. You can't play a 3-5-2 with zero pace as you will get overrun on the flanks when opponents go wide. Kranjcar also provides zero cover, though Jack can. In you 3-5-2 you should probably add Tavernier as a holding mid for his obility and pace, but he isn't good enough or disciplined enough to do that.

You 4-5-1 looks better to me but Dorrans looks wasted on the left hand side.

You 3-5-2 lacks pace in defense. You can't play a 3-5-2 with zero pace as you will get overrun on the flanks when opponents go wide. Kranjcar also provides zero cover, though Jack can. In you 3-5-2 you should probably add Tavernier as a holding mid for his obility and pace, but he isn't good enough or disciplined enough to do that.

You 4-5-1 looks better to me but Dorrans looks wasted on the left hand side.

Points taken bud hence my additional comment. Advocaat had a 4-4-2 with 4 real midfielders often and it worked well. Yes he played McCann, Kanchelskis etc on occasions wide but he also played a 4 with Reyna, Tugay, Ferguson, Albertz / Gio. Not comparing the standard but more so the system.

We should be over powering teams especially at home.

Unless Tav improves dramatically in his defensive job, I would not want him seeing too much football this season. We do have some really good CHs now in Alves and Cardoso, with Bates apparently now in pole position should either of them drop out. Jack looks to be a good covering player, as does Rossiter. Both quick to react on threads should either of our full-backs bomb forward. I don't mind the latter, but IMHO Tav dallies too long up there or ventures far too deep into midfield to fulfil his defensive job. You can have different opinions on Hodson, but at least he will be found in his full-back slot more often than not. Same issue I have with Tav goes for Wallace, but to a lesser extent. Beerman was IMHO an able deputy, and many will forgive him the rash challenge in the Yahoo game for the early penalty. You wonder what PC will make of the situation on either side.

We should be ready to adapt various line-ups against the various teams we face. Against teams who sit deep I'd like to see us employ two central strikers (Herrera & Morelos) and probably a creative midfield with people who like to "bomb forward", i.e. Dorrans, Pena, and Kranjcar. Perhaps even "utilize" Dalcio as a left wingback, pending the opposition's thread on that side. We do have various options now and should use them.

Edited by der Berliner

Jack and Rossiter should not be in the same team as they both lie far too deep.

I watched Rossiter playing for England last summer and while he was their DM, he also ventured up the field quite often and, as opposed to many others whe had there so far, likes to have a shot from distance and is rather adapt in that. Which is not to say I want them both in a single line up, well, perhaps in the Scumhut.

Jack and Rossiter should not be in the same team as they both lie far too deep.

Agree. And Rossiter has a lot of making up to do. He has been out for a year so needs a lot of game time. He has youth on his side but shouldnt just walk into the team.

All these fancy dan formations are no good to anyone if the players are not going to get their sleeves rolled up and get stuck in the other night was a disgrace to see Rangers players wondering what to do .