• 3 weeks later...

This is similar to us. It's a legitimate way of reducing your tax charge and then the rules are changed retrospectively and you end up getting shafted.

The system is corrupt. I feel sorry for most involved...apart from the ones who have a Celtic involvement, and I can't help laugh at their misfortune.

This is similar to us. It's a legitimate way of reducing your tax charge and then the rules are changed retrospectively and you end up getting shafted.

The system is corrupt. I feel sorry for most involved...apart from the ones who have a Celtic involvement, and I can't help laugh at their misfortune.

Yet the Scottish gutter press don't go on about it as much as they do with Rangers!, our case has been dealt with and now is History!, not to mention C****c themselves throwing in their tuppence worth!, unbelievable

Yet the Scottish gutter press don't go on about it as much as they do with Rangers!,

It's depressing. If people stopped buying/listening/watching in protest as the poor standard/bias in the press then action may be taken but while the likes of the Record and the Sun/RC/BBC Scotland remain relatively popular things will not change.

It's symptomatic of modern day Scotland, I'm afraid.

It's depressing. If people stopped buying/listening/watching in protest as the poor standard/bias in the press then action may be taken but while the likes of the Record and the Sun/RC/BBC Scotland remain relatively popular things will not change.

It's symptomatic of modern day Scotland, I'm afraid.

Bank linked to Celtic's biggest shareholder Dermot Desmond fined £70m for ties to crime

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/15395981.Bank_linked_to_Celtic_s_biggest_shareholder_Dermot_Desmond_fined___70m_for_ties_to_crime/

Where is the clamour to strip the titles here?

Bank linked to Celtic's biggest shareholder Dermot Desmond fined £70m for ties to crime

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/15395981.Bank_linked_to_Celtic_s_biggest_shareholder_Dermot_Desmond_fined___70m_for_ties_to_crime/

Where is the clamour to strip the titles here?

You have to be careful where you look for the debate on this Ian.

The bank he is linked to was not run by him, despite him being a large shareholder. Why would they strip titles from CFC for a bank completely unrelated to them being fraudulent ? The only connection is DD - CFC never ran the fraud so why would they have titles stripped ?

There are certainly areas where you could question "sporting advantage" but this wouldn't be one of them. Soft loans from Co-op, GCC land deals etc are all ways to suggest sporting advantage was gained - remember.... sporting advantage isn't about "legal or illegal" - it is about unfair sporting advantage - CFC received such, particularly with the land deals and soft loans at deeply discounted interest rates. Fight the fight on THAT level. Not this one.

This bank fraud is nothing to do with CFC, only the personal shareholding of DD.

CFC received such, particularly with the land deals and soft loans at deeply discounted interest rates..

I can't get excited at soft loans from a third party bank (if that's what you're referring to). Kudos for them being able to negotiate them.

Land deals involving local or national government is a different ballgame, and needs to be investigated.