Ashley to sell Rangers shares to fans

There has been talk of various people wanting to invest but biding their time until the club has been stabilised.

I'd expect this news should given them more comfort in that regard and it will be interesting to see who puts their money where their mouth is.

I think you should be looking to the Far East.

So why is it being reported that the supporters groups are a buyer? Where did that information come from? Why are reporters getting it when members haven't been informed?

It appears on the face of it that a director of C1872 has been negotiating with Ashley on the subject without the authority of the members.

Would've thought they'd have an ongoing mandate to talk to any potential sellers, no?

So why is it being reported that the supporters groups are a buyer? Where did that information come from? Why are reporters getting it when members haven't been informed?

It appears on the face of it that a director of C1872 has been negotiating with Ashley on the subject without the authority of the members.

Surely if C1872 raison d'etre is to purchase available shareholding into Rangers, then is he operating within his mandate?

Would've thought they'd have an ongoing mandate to talk to any potential sellers, no?

I don't recall the Board being given a mandate for it, in general or Ashley, who isn't just a normal seller, in particular.

I've said prior to this that I don't believe that C1872 cash should be used to fill up the pockets of external shareholders. It should be kept for a share issue and be used for the direct benefit of the club.

Surely if C1872 raison d'etre is to purchase available shareholding into Rangers, then is he operating within his mandate?

I had always understood that any cash raised would be invested in the club. That was the case when Gersnet invested in both RST and RF and was the case under Gersave.

C1872 made a big thing recently of all major decisions being made by its members and the members should decide directly whether the existing cash should go to Rangers or some fatcat shareholder.

That's not mentioning the massive conflict of interest that seems to be a concept that's not understood by certain board members.

I don't recall the Board being given a mandate for it, in general or Ashley, who isn't just a normal seller, in particular.

I've said prior to this that I don't believe that C1872 cash should be used to fill up the pockets of external shareholders. It should be kept for a share issue and be used for the direct benefit of the club.

They've previously negotiated with other shareholders in regards to purchasing shares have they not?

Concur re preference for the cash to go direct to the club but if it facilitates additional investment then I think we just have to swallow that particular dose of medicine.

They've previously negotiated with other shareholders in regards to purchasing shares have they not?

Yes, but that doesn't take away from what I've said.

The definition of key decisions seems to vary when it suits them.