Ashley to sell Rangers shares to fans

We want rid of Ashley, if his shares are up for sale, someone is going to buy them i want that someone to be Club1872. Even a portion of Ashley's shares would be good, he's not going to gift them, it's a price worth paying to be rid of him imo.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

The departure of Ashley is great news.

I cannot help wondering why the turdbucket is doing one, so suddenly, hot foot and toute suite, when for so long his stance was so very far from cooperative.

I cannot help speculating, and I confess, hoping just a little, that there is some kind of Force 10 shitstorm approaching, heading directly to envelop the Fat Bastard,

and that he is clearing his decks, prior to arranging a disappearance, leaving only a cheap tracksuit, and an even cheaper pair of trainers, on the beach at Whitley Bay.

Edited by Uilleam

We are stuck between a rock and a had place when it comes to getting rid of Ashley and Club1872 acquiring some of his shares.

While we want his shareholding gone, money raised by the fans to buy shares in the club should, wherever possible, go to the club directly and not to a horrible shareholder who has done us such damage. Paying off Ashley, while gratifying in some way, also sticks in the throat.

Fans opinions on this are going to be very polarised.

I doubt all his holding will go to the fans - possibly just a small %age - for the reasons you mention.

Of course we'd rather the money went to the club for his shares but if we want to get rid of him then we may need to hold our nose in the process.

It seems strange that it's been reported that "supporters groups", obviously C1872, are being reported as a buyer when the members have not been consulted.

Whilst I want rid of Ashley, I want C1872's cash to go to the club and not to fill the coffers of a leech.

The deal was only done yesterday and the press conference was called in a hurry so I don't see how C1872 could have contacted all members. Maybe they want to know what the deal is before releasing information. It is too fresh to start finding fault on their actions on this.

The deal was only done yesterday and the press conference was called in a hurry so I don't see how C1872 could have contacted all members. Maybe they want to know what the deal is before releasing information. It is too fresh to start finding fault on their actions on this.

So why is it being reported that the supporters groups are a buyer? Where did that information come from? Why are reporters getting it when members haven't been informed?

It appears on the face of it that a director of C1872 has been negotiating with Ashley on the subject without the authority of the members.

So why is it being reported that the supporters groups are a buyer? Where did that information come from? Why are reporters getting it when members haven't been informed?

It appears on the face of it that a director of C1872 has been negotiating with Ashley on the subject without the authority of the members.

I doubt it will have been discussed in a formal sense - more the journalist adding 2 + 2 together (probably after being prompted).

We won't know if the answer is 4 or 5 until A) Ashley confirms he wants out and B) Club1872 members vote to take a portion (possibly 10-25%) of this shares.