Barrie McKay's Ibrox future in doubt after he is sent to train with Under-20s

While we don't know yet what will happen to McKay, if he's omitted on Thursday, we'd have a scenario that without Dodoo, only Beerman and at a push Miller could occupy the left wing / midfield slot.

I don't see t being a problem tbh!, McKay has hardly featured in any of the friendly matches!

I don't see t being a problem tbh!, McKay has hardly featured in any of the friendly matches!

Well, it just leaves you wondering a bit who will occupy that slot, not so much a problem. Seems like PC had Dalcio out there, but I haven't seen the St. Johnstone game.

Walker, it seems, would like to play for us.

McKay it seems, would not.

C'mon Billy, do you think Walker will still want to play for us if we offer him less money than he's on just now? Or the same? These guys are professionals and want paid what they believe, or their agents are telling them, they are worth. I've never read anything that says McKay doesn't want to play for us, he signed a contract extension only 18 months ago. If the club don't think McKay is worth an English Championship salary they should say so and put him up for sale. I think he's definitely worth that and is by far our most creative player. To sell him and replace with someone who has spent most of the last season out injured makes no sense to me.

I'm old enough to remember when supporters moaned that Davie Cooper didn't 'try' hard enough, that he didn't influence games as much as he could, that his attitude wasn't all it should be, that he didn't get stuck in, all the criticisms I've started hearing about McKay in recent months. McKay has shown he can play with the best of them, he's still a young player, like most creative players and most young players he can be inconsistent, but he's better than anyone else who is at the club and most in the league.

Well, it just leaves you wondering a bit who will occupy that slot, not so much a problem. Seems like PC had Dalcio out there, but I haven't seen the St. Johnstone game.

Dalcio has been playing LW, but he hasn't really shone yet although that could/should come?, Candeias came on late in that game and did really well, however he isn't available.

Could well be that this means Walker will replace McKay on the left wing, sooner or later. I for one wouldn't mind Beerman out there, as he can attack and defend as well, so possibly swapping places with Wallace if need by. I would assume that someone with experience will be used, as these are important games, no matter the opposition, so Miller might be utilized ahead of e.g. Dalcio or Windass.

You do wonder, pending on the score and given the opposition, whether we'll go 3-5-2 and try to hammer them.

I think the starting line up will be as below, this seems to be what PC has been concentrating on in the friendly games. Regarding Dalcio he does track back a lot so obviously this is what PC is looking for, works hard enough.

Wes

Tav Bates Cardoso Wallace

Jack Holt

Miller Niko Dalcio

Waghorn