Barrie McKay's Ibrox future in doubt after he is sent to train with Under-20s

Or maybe the offer he's been made doesn't match what he can get elsewhere and what others at the club are on.

Why do people think McKay is lazy or afraid of hard work? Visibly he looks like one of the fittest players at the club and he's certainly one of the fastest. In 2016 Warburton explained that both McKay and Holt were covering over 14km per game in late March, more than anyone else in the team. That doesn't sound like someone who doesn't fancy hard word. Perhaps he just doesn't fancy the new manager of course.

Well, exactly.

McKay is a match-winner, someone who creates chances in every match he plays and who will continue to improve as he gains more and more experience. That's absolutely worth persevering with, particularly when we've no replacement for him. I see no point in giving Hearts half a million (or more) for Walker when we could give it to McKay to sign a new contract. McKay is better than Walker.

It does seem his time at Rangers is coming to an end and I'm certainly not privy to what goes on in the dressing room, perhaps the relationship between him and the manager has broken down. It saddens and concerns me because I believe he could be something quite special and as a player we developed the club should have a better insight into his thinking and his state of mind. I guess I still think PC will be gone by this time next season and so I'd rather McKay stayed.

You are suggesting, at least so I infer, that the Club should make him an offer he can't refuse.

I am unsure. Is he good enough to justify a salary substantially greater than anyone else in the dressing room?

Has he shown that level of performance in the Premier League? For Warburton? for Murty? for Caixinha?

I'm with John 100% on this one. McKay is (Niko excepted) the most talented and best player we have at the club, and if what I heard is correct is on a fraction of what other, lesser, players are on in our squad. The new offer took him to just below what other poorer players are on, and his agent would be right to ask for at least the same as the improved contracts given to some at this time last year.

I hope Barrie and the club can find a solution to this impasse, as we can ill afford to lose one of our best players.

I recall one game last season after Barrie had been criticised in the media compared to some other players that he didnt have enough assists - he created 5 good chances in a 15 minute spell and our forwards missed every one of them. Comparing assists is only fair if the same percentage of chances are taken at each club. When our strikers were as woeful as ours were last season, not even Messi could get his assists up to an acceptable level.

This is the exact reason why I prefer the 'goal scoring chances created' stat to the 'assists stat' as only really the player in question can affect that stat whereas the other stat is dependent much more on other players

You are suggesting, at least so I infer, that the Club should make him an offer he can't refuse.

I am unsure. Is he good enough to justify a salary substantially greater than anyone else in the dressing room?

Has he shown that level of performance in the Premier League? For Warburton? for Murty? for Caixinha?

He was inconsistent last season, not uncommon for someone in his position or at his age. Consistency should come with experience though. But even then he was by far our most creative player.

I'm not suggesting he should be paid more than anyone else, but he should be on a par with our top earners. If that turns out not to be enough then we shake hands and go our separate ways, but I'm led to believe that's not the case. If nothing else McKay is only 22, signing him to another 3 year contract makes business sense, he'll be approaching the peak of his career in a couple of years time, selling him then makes more sense.

He was inconsistent last season, not uncommon for someone in his position or at his age. Consistency should come with experience though. But even then he was by far our most creative player.

I'm not suggesting he should be paid more than anyone else, but he should be on a par with our top earners. If that turns out not to be enough then we shake hands and go our separate ways, but I'm led to believe that's not the case. If nothing else McKay is only 22, signing him to another 3 year contract makes business sense, he'll be approaching the peak of his career in a couple of years time, selling him then makes more sense.

I know absolutely nothing about his contract details. The assumption on here seems to be that he is being treated shabbily, compared to others in the dressing room.

I cannot comment.

I do think that he has quite a lot to prove, in the coming season. Maybe the Club should offer him a deal with high incentivisation.

He wasn't just inconsistent last year mate. There were matches when he was absolutely dreadful. I can't remember who we were playing, possibly a cup tie against a minor club, when out of about 20 free kicks and corners he didn't manage to find a Rangers player.

The boy has talent, no doubt. But when you don't affect the outcome of a match then you're no more than the waste of a clean jersey.

You would like to know all facts here, as McKay should sure get as much as anyone else in the squad, e.g. a Waghorn, Tavernier or Holt. If he gets less, you will perfectly understand his reluctance to sign on. Does that make him a renegade or someone unwilling to play for us? I think not. But unless we know all facts ...

Or maybe the offer he's been made doesn't match what he can get elsewhere and what others at the club are on.

Why do people think McKay is lazy or afraid of hard work? Visibly he looks like one of the fittest players at the club and he's certainly one of the fastest. In 2016 Warburton explained that both McKay and Holt were covering over 14km per game in late March, more than anyone else in the team. That doesn't sound like someone who doesn't fancy hard word. Perhaps he just doesn't fancy the new manager of course.

Well, exactly.

McKay is a match-winner, someone who creates chances in every match he plays and who will continue to improve as he gains more and more experience. That's absolutely worth persevering with, particularly when we've no replacement for him. I see no point in giving Hearts half a million (or more) for Walker when we could give it to McKay to sign a new contract. McKay is better than Walker.

It does seem his time at Rangers is coming to an end and I'm certainly not privy to what goes on in the dressing room, perhaps the relationship between him and the manager has broken down. It saddens and concerns me because I believe he could be something quite special and as a player we developed the club should have a better insight into his thinking and his state of mind. I guess I still think PC will be gone by this time next season and so I'd rather McKay stayed.

We didn't really develop him (thinking of him as Ann academy player anyway) as he came from Killie, virtually ready to enter the first team. There has, of course, been subsequent experience and development.

He has the potential to be excellent and I would prefer we persevered with him because he is the most exciting player we have.

I don't think he has had a good season at all?, he has the talent no doubt but he has gone missing in too many games for me!, I just wish he could reach his full potential and start playing consistently, I do want him to stay.