FARE to target Rangers again?

Club 1872 Welcomes Euro Return

Dear member,

Ahead of tonight’s Europa League tie, Club 1872 would like to echo the comments of manager, Pedro Caixinha and our players in welcoming our return to European football. It has been a long wait but our supporters deserve these nights and this will only be the first step in a return to more regular competition at this level.

An Ibrox full house is one of the most impressive sights in world football and we fully expect our fans to raise the roof and create an intimidating and exhilarating atmosphere. Our supporters are well aware that each and every one of us represents the club on these type of occasions.

We are disappointed by reports that the FARE organisation, responsible for a supporter ban in 2011, may once again be targeting Rangers games. We share concerns raised at that time about the motives and methods of this organisation, but as Rangers supporters we have a responsibility not to give anyone ammunition to attack our club.

We should hold ourselves to as high a standard as we can and ensure that our long wait for European football is not overshadowed by those who might seek to generate negative headlines.

We have the greatest and most loyal support in the world and it should be recognised as such. Let’s make tonight one to be proud of. Enjoy the game. Follow with pride.

Club 1872

100% agree with the sentiment....but they could have worded it an awful lot stronger imho.

just come right out and say that anyone singing banned material is a disgrace to the club & is actively encouraging orgs like FARE to target the club.

100% agree with the sentiment....but they could have worded it an awful lot stronger imho.

just come right out and say that anyone singing banned material is a disgrace to the club & is actively encouraging orgs like FARE to target the club.

With so many ST holders now a written letter from Rangers FC stating this would be more effective!.

It is a a complete fallacy that "the FARE organisation (were) responsible for a supporter ban in 2011".

The supporters who sang the banned songs were responsible for the situation that led to the ban.

The statement is weak.

Those "who might seek to generate negative headlines" are misguided supporters who think they can sing what they like regardless of the consequences; not those who might report such conduct whatever their motivation for so doing.

EDIT: I have emailed Club 1872 as above with the added comment that "Club 1872 should make it 100% clear that singing banned songs can have only one outcome: a further ban from Europe which would be tragic after 6 long years in the wilderness."

Edited by BrahimHemdani

With so many ST holders now a written letter from Rangers FC stating this would be more effective!.

Normally you get a card to that effect with your away European ticket; but I agree a letter from the CEO (would that be his job, Craig?) or Chairman MIGHT be more effective.

I have a real fear that bad behaviour in Luxembourg might lead to a ban from the match in Cyprus (or Gib!).

Normally you get a card to that effect with your away European ticket; but I agree a letter from the CEO (would that be his job, Craig?) or Chairman MIGHT be more effective.

I have a real fear that bad behaviour in Luxembourg might lead to a ban from the match in Cyprus (or Gib!).

I would think fan behaviour was more the work for the Head of Security.:razz:

I would think fan behaviour was more the work for the Head of Security.:razz:

Yes, it is, on the ground and they do a great job; but in terms of a letter from the Club I would think that if it came from the CEO or perhaps better still the Chairman, it would carry a lot more weight.

Thinking back to Villarreal which has been mentioned; the pleas from Lawrence McIntryre for fans without tickets not to travel etc (backed up by a certain Gersnetter on the radio!) went unheeded.

Edited by BrahimHemdani
Unheeded!

I was in Villarreal and FARE targeted our club and supporters. Admittedly, some of our support are desperate to provide FARE with all the evidence required. In Villarreal the problems were organisational, improper stewarding and almost no policing outside the ground, where a myriad of tight streets converged. Inside, all parts of the ground were peppered with groups of Bears. Generally, it was akin to attending Rugby Park.

The Yellow Submarine(Villarreal's supporters grouping) had a big friendship thing going with the Yahoos at the time, they had pumped MON's side a couple of seasons previously. A number of reciprocal articles had been published in each club's respective publications, reciprocal visits were organised. We found out FARE were sending an observer because the usual Yahoo suspects had painted them a picture of armaggedon. Rangers supporters were informed NOT to attempt to find the identity of the wholly neutral observer, we were to accept, "he is a sound guy".

The Observer's report was damning, he appeared to witness several incidents at the same time inside and outside the ground. The club was fined, we won on appeal, then lost as UEFA appealed. Spiers was crushed on BBC Scotland when the first appeal announcement was made. He knew the neutral observer, "he was a sound guy". It took a decade, but we eventually found out the neutral observer was BBC Alba commentator, Alex O'Henley.

At the time, Barra born and bred O'Henley was the Football Writer for the West Highland Free Press. Yep, that WHFP owned by Brian Wilson MP. Yep, that Brian Wilson MP who was/is a Director of ra Sellik.

I urge my fellow Bears to support the club and maintain their discipline; however, we and the club must convince UEFA that FARE is not neutral. Ra Sellik have received a dozen straight fines from UEFA, what have FARE said?

Everything you say here is correct, especially the frighteningly terrible chaos OUTSIDE the ground. One Rangers fans went down with a heart attack and two ladies I know never went back to another European game. Twenty minutes to kick off I was outside when the gates were locked but fortunately was able to contact Jim Hannah who came to the rescue with the British Vice Consul. That said a lot of the problems were caused by overcrowding due to forged tickets.

The Spanish police don't need any excuse and there were many stories of unprovoked assault but here again some fans just can't help themselves. A fan took ill inside the stadium during the game and Rangers supporters unaccountably prevented the first aid staff getting through, leading to police intervention and a near riot.

We can debate this all night long. We all know that until there is parity in punishment from the authorities, this will continue in some quarters.

I sincerely hope it dosnt happen tonight but as usual there is a feeling we are being "set up". This in contrast to the "see no evil, hear no evil" approach to the bigotry from the yahoos!

I'm only stating the obvious. People are people and there will always be some who see it this way. Imo we are singled out quite blatantly. The fans who sing the banned songs know this and therefore shouldn't do it. Nobody should be letting the club down. We don't need to give them the ammunition.

Things are changing and the Yahoo!'s won't rule the roost forever.

We can debate this all night long. We all know that until there is parity in punishment from the authorities, this will continue in some quarters.

I sincerely hope it dosnt happen tonight but as usual there is a feeling we are being "set up". This in contrast to the "see no evil, hear no evil" approach to the bigotry from the yahoos!

I'm only stating the obvious. People are people and there will always be some who see it this way. Imo we are singled out quite blatantly. The fans who sing the banned songs know this and therefore shouldn't do it. Nobody should be letting the club down. We don't need to give them the ammunition.

Things are changing and the Yahoo!'s won't rule the roost forever.

Better hurry up. I'm getting on in years.