Meeting in Luxembourg? (The First Unofficial Gersnet European Convention)

Some of the guys have done that before and missed the connection......

Been close to that aswell. One of the trips was 6 hours in schiphol and after a bottle of champers and a few nips I tried to negotiate with the bloke next to me a flight ticket swap - who was going to Cameroon.

Lesson - dont drink and fly kids!!

Those 1 hour stopovers in Schiphol always worry me for connections. As such I always take an earlier flight and sit in the lounge boozing for 4 hours :D

When we were held up 12 hours In AMS en route Istanbul for the Bursa game, there was a guy who drank (or smoked?) a bit too much in the afternoon, fell asleep on the train back to the airport and woke up in Rotterdam? Fortunately he was able to get the next one back and just about made the delayed flight.

When we were held up 12 hours In AMS en route Istanbul for the Bursa game, there was a guy who drank (or smoked?) a bit too much in the afternoon, fell asleep on the train back to the airport and woke up in Rotterdam? Fortunately he was able to get the next one back and just about made the delayed flight.

Thats easy done though, The train from AMS city goes to Rotterdam and you only get a minute to get off at schiphol. Obviously fully tanked with booze you could end up in Belgium though!

Ha ha it was an expensive trip in terms of flights/hotels etc but I find that my animal magnetism works wonders in other departments.

You attract animals ? Is that what you mean by animal magnetism ?

Not attempting to piss on anybodies' parade, but I endured Vladikavkaz against Alania.

I believe 36(including Gary Lynch) made the journey? We left Glasgow for Heathrow, then onto Stockholm, caught the Moscow connection, before boarding an Aeroflot white knuckle ride(live chickens and a pig) to Vladikavkaz. We were told by the Foreign Office to consume nothing solid. As dehydration is the enemy, the 20 pence per litre bottles of beer were most welcome, one must maintain one's fluid levels. Actually, the club were most generous in liberal distribution of imported chicken thighs.

There were two memorable incidents during said trip. We won 2-7, with McCoist notching a hat-trick. The locals demanded a hat-trick must be celebrated by necking a litre bottle of beer. I suspect they like the beer more than they did McCoist, or indeed Alania? Secondly, an uber refreshed Ian Archer slept on the bench seating during the match, and still provided a match report. He awoke with a fountain of pysh erupting forth from his chinos, staggered around to the whooping delight of the locals, and careered off to magic an impressionist's report.

Not attempting to piss on anybodies' parade, but I endured Vladikavkaz against Alania.

I believe 36(including Gary Lynch) made the journey? We left Glasgow for Heathrow, then onto Stockholm, caught the Moscow connection, before boarding an Aeroflot white knuckle ride(live chickens and a pig) to Vladikavkaz. We were told by the Foreign Office to consume nothing solid. As dehydration is the enemy, the 20 pence per litre bottles of beer were most welcome, one must maintain one's fluid levels. Actually, the club were most generous in liberal distribution of imported chicken thighs.

There were two memorable incidents during said trip. We won 2-7, with McCoist notching a hat-trick. The locals demanded a hat-trick must be celebrated by necking a litre bottle of beer. I suspect they like the beer more than they did McCoist, or indeed Alania? Secondly, an uber refreshed Ian Archer slept on the bench seating during the match, and still provided a match report. He awoke with a fountain of pysh erupting forth from his chinos, staggered around to the whooping delight of the locals, and careered off to magic an impressionist's report.

You deserve a medal for the trip and an award for the stories.

Post of the season, so far IMO.

On the subject of sleeping at games.....

In Tel Aviv for the Hapoel game, we left Glasgow at around 2.00am IIRC and some had been drinking in the city as well as the bars that were kindly kept open at the airport, then on the plane and no doubt through the day till match time.

A chap along the seats from me was snoring and I thought to waken him, lest he might feel he didn't make the most of his £500 40-hour round trip. Leave him alane came the retort from his mate, as I made to nudge his shoulder, he's no weel.

I taped that from the telly and transferred it to dvd....gerry mcnee commenting...maybe even charlie nick the pundit but I could be wrong there