Corporate leadership

Our MD was/is on holiday. The day before the niedercorn game he went on holiday. Unbelievable he does not recognise the overall situation. I am flabbergasted.

Never mind paying a fortune on a player, our next big signing has to be a top CEO who can manage and lead the club appropriately.

Edited by Walterbear

Do you think he might have come on and scored? The guy's a deskie. His absence doesn't matter.

Of course it matters. His job is not to score it is to demonstrate leadership from the top down and rebuild our club after a vacuum of leadership where spins ran our club. We have just spent millions and entering a crucial period and he goes on holiday? ?

He would also have known the BTC was being announced and he is on the beach. It is a shocking example of leadership.

On the pitch we have players who have appeared unbothered and who lack leadership. And you think it doesn't matter that our MD is on holiday a such a time?

Of course it matters. His job is not to score it is to demonstrate leadership from the top down and rebuild our club after a vacuum of leadership where spins ran our club. We have just spent millions and entering a crucial period and he goes on holiday? ?

He would also have known the BTC was being announced and he is on the beach. It is a shocking example of leadership.

On the pitch we have players who have appeared unbothered and who lack leadership. And you think it doesn't matter that our MD is on holiday a such a time?

I doubt most of the players know who the CEO is, never mind give a toss about what he says or does.

Leadership or motivation of the players is up the Coach not the CEO.

Speaking of leadership, I saw precious little from Wallace. Hill was far more like a leader than Wallace and so is Miller. How long before Alves is Captain on the field and Wallace is saved embarrassment by being re-titled Club Captain.

I doubt most of the players know who the CEO is, never mind give a toss about what he says or does.

Leadership or motivation of the players is up the Coach not the CEO.

Speaking of leadership, I saw precious little from Wallace. Hill was far more like a leader than Wallace and so is Miller. How long before Alves is Captain on the field and Wallace is saved embarrassment by being re-titled Club Captain.

Completely disagree mate. Our biggest game in 6 years and our MD is absent. But you and thousands are there spending your own money. It's called setting an example. It's called leadership.

Edited by Walterbear

Completely disagree mate. Our biggest game in 6 years and our MD is absent. But you and thousands are there spending your own money. It's called setting an example. It's called leadership.

I take the point about leadership; but personally I am not unduly concerned about him not being in LUX.

It's hard to know when the CEO could go on holiday then because he has to be around when we are signing players.

I suspect that he may well have chosen to go off now because most if not all the business was done and he may well have judged as did many others that we SHOULD have had little difficulty negotiating this tie.

Any comment on my thoughts about captaincy?

Surely the guy is entitled to a holiday? He would not have been able to get away when we were buying all the players. He would not want to go during the season. This looked the best time for me. We were suppose to win that game easily as well.

I take the point about leadership; but personally I am not unduly concerned about him not being in LUX.

It's hard to know when the CEO could go on holiday then because he has to be around when we are signing players.

I suspect that he may well have chosen to go off now because most if not all the business was done and he may well have judged as did many others that we SHOULD have had little difficulty negotiating this tie.

Any comment on my thoughts about captaincy?

I agree. I've never thought Wallace a good captain (or indeed a good defender). I like him as a person a great deal and in interview.

Have said many times Wallace is too nice to be on field captain as he lacks leadership,should come from midfield and be Alves or may I say it Jack.

As to DK being on holiday it makes no difference to me unless he was going to have been instrumental in team selection,and just think what a stink that would have caused.

As I said on other thread the mental attitude was wrong as all avenues said that it was too easy.A horrible start to competitive games but should,hopefully,prove tohave been a solid kick in the nether regions:eek2: