Worst WC Performance So Far?

I missed the games last night, what did Poll do that was so pish? :confused:

Where do I start :eek::D

Basically booked a Croat twice but didn't send him off - the Croat player then just about scores what would have been the winner - then commits a foul and is given his 3rd yellow card, followed, at last, by a red... !!

Poll had already sent off another 8 players by then (well, that is a bit of an exageration, but it was hard to keep count of the yellows and reds he was flashing about).

Cammy F

However, for Poll it probably represents the end of his World Cup.

Having rejected a couple of clear Australian penalty claims and also not been informed by his assistant that Kewell was marginally offside when he fired home the crucial goal, Poll was already having a bad night when he brandished a yellow card in Josip Simunic's face for a foul on Kewell.

The Melbourne-born centre-half should have been accompanying previously dismissed team-mate Dario Simic and Aussie defender Brett Emerton into the changing rooms as Simunic had already been shown one yellow card, a fact not lost on Mark Viduka.

"I was sure it was his second," said Viduka. "I asked Graham how many cards had Simunic received. Graham said only one. It looks like he got it wrong."

Poll did get it wrong - badly wrong by allowing Simunic to remain on the pitch, only realising his error after the final whistle when he produced a third yellow card and promptly dismissed the defender.

I forgot Emerton was the other one who was sent off.

It was the worst refereeing in a game of football i have witnessed in a long time. What about him giving that guy 3 yellow cards and then sending him off? that was a shocking decision

Got to disagree, the guy deserved the three yellows but not the sending off. Felt that was a bit harsh;)